Penobscot Community Health Care, a large FQHC in Bangor, Maine is seeking a general dentist to join our Dental Leadership Team. Practice and help lead our dynamic clinic in a lovely Maine riverside metro. The qualified candidate will have graduated from an accredited dental program and be board certified. The position involves general dentistry with administrative/leadership responsibilities - dedicated time is allotted for the leadership responsibilities. Our well-established dental team includes about 60 dental professionals and superbly trained dental support staff, with 43 operatories.
- 10 years dental experience preferred, with at least 5 years of dental experience, excluding residency
- Leadership experience preferred
- FQHC experience preferred
- General Practice Residency or Advanced Education in General Dentistry required
- Supervises staff dentists and works in collaboration with Residency Director to provide clinical oversight
- Works side-by-side with dental specialists in the fields of Oral Surgery, Orthodontics, Periodontics and Endodontics
- Serves on Dental Leadership team to develop and implement clinical policies and procedures
- 80/20 % Clinical/Administrative split
Join PCHC’s nationally recognized non-profit organization:
- Federally Qualified Health Center offering an integrated Medical Home Model
- PCHC’s comprehensive dental center is a large, well established practice with 43 operatories
- Work in a collegial professional environment with the latest oral health technology, including digital x-rays, CBCT, Cerec, intraoral cameras and paperless dental record
- Preventative and specialty care including restorative, oral surgery, fixed and removable prosthetics, orthodontics, and walk-in care all under one roof
- Established dental residency program on-site and emerging dental therapy service
- PCHC offers highly innovative programs and teaching options
- Engaged and supportive patient population
- Informed leadership and superb support services staff
- Generous compensation and benefits
Penobscot Community Health Care: is governed by a board of community volunteers. PCHC is comprised of seventeen practices and program service sites in the Greater Bangor area, in Old Town, Belfast and Jackman. We offer a wide range of services including family medicine, dental, pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health and substance abuse, specialty services, pharmacy and both shelter, transitional housing and healthcare for the homeless. Our integrated medical home model supports our mission and vision in which everyone has access to quality, cost effective health care. PCHC’s services support and empower people to advocate for their personal goals and needs, and connect with community-based resources. Our success is measured when the health of our community encompasses physical and emotional wellness, personal dignity and a sense of belonging.
Bangor, Maine: a historic, riverside city just over half-an-hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National Park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, with its own International airport. Located right along the I-95 corridor, it’s a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) and Portland’s quaint Old Port (2 hrs.) on I-95. Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues, coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private education make this area highly desirable for professional families.