General dentists are responsible for diagnosing and treating patient problems with the teeth, gums, and tissue in the mouth. The one responsible for making sure that patients of all ages and sizes have their oral care treatment needs covered. They are also responsible for providing the patients with the information that they need to prevent any problems from occurring to their teeth and mouth, before and after the treatment procedure.
- Evaluate the current health and condition of the patient's teeth to determine the best possible treatment plan available.
- Complete treatment on affected, decayed and fractured teeth, and perform tooth extraction for cases where there are high levels of decay.
- Consider treatment plans and explains the options with the patient to determine which works best for them based on the situation.
- Monitor and evaluate any x-ray images for any part of the patient's oral cavity.
- Follow standard dentistry procedures and comply with company standard operating procedures.
- Refer patients to orthodontists or other dental specialist for more advanced procedures and care.
- Work with clinical staff to provide quality treatments.
- Coordinate with office staff in managing patient appointments and scheduling to achieve productivity goals.
- Must be willing to relocate to State of Alaska.
- Must be a graduate of accredited dental college or university.
- Must be currently licensed to practice dentistry in the State of Alaska or be able to be obtain the licensure in expected time frame.
- Must be a practicing Dentist in the State of Alaska or related dental experience within the United States.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact with patients, staff, and other dentists on a daily basis.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Keen eye to details.
- Must have basic computer skills (MS Office Suite such as Word and Excel, knowledge of Dentrix will be helpful but not required).
- Good listener.
- Subject to full reference check.
- Subject to full background screening.
Apply for General Dentist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly