Traveling Endodontic Dental Assistant
Now is the time to join Bakersfield Dental Group and Orthodontics. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
The primary role of the Endodontic Dental Assistant is to support the success of the clinicians through effective delivery of the Perfect Patient Experience. Endodontic Dental Assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. Endodontic Dental Assistants prepare patients for oral examination and assist other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth, and gums. Responsibilities
- Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state's Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
- Actively participate in the Perfect Patient ExperienceÔ by striving to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual needs and concerns
- Escort patients to/from the front desk and introduce them to other team members as appropriate
- Communicate with the front and back office teams to ensure the specialist's schedule runs smoothly and efficiently
- Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment; clean each operatory in accordance with the state applicable infection control guidelines
- Prepare patients for treatment, and assist the dentist- thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment
- At the direction of the dentist, complete radiographs and intra-oral pictures of patients in an efficient and timely manner
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed to provide efficient patient care
- Work closely with the General Practice lead assistants to ensure adequate clinical supplies are ordered
- Keep the patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care as directed by the dentist
- Record patient charting and all of the dentist's notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the dentist.
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration
- Preferred: Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certifications/licenses/registrations as mandated by applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, radiograph exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Child care assistance
- Paid time to volunteer in your local community
- Shift premium pay for eligible roles who work weekends