GENERAL DENTIST (Beaufort, SC)
Schedule: Monday - Friday (40 hours)
LOCATION: Parris Island, SC https://www.mcrdpi.marines.mil/
· The work to be performed under this contract will be at the Naval Hospital Beaufort, SC. Services shall be provided in the Naval Hospital Beaufort, SC (Parris Island, SC), subordinate Branch Dental Clinics and Branch Dental Annexes including Branch Dental Clinic Marine Corps Air Station clinics.
· Degree: DDS or DMD
· Provide letters of recommendation from two practicing dentists and/or professors to include name, title, phone number, date of reference, address and signature of individual providing the letter. Letters must have been written within the preceding two years.
· Possess a current, unrestricted license to practice independently as a Dentist in any one of the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
· Current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers; American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course; American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer; or equivalent
· U.S. Citizenship: HCWs performing under this contract shall be U.S. citizens.
· Able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate.
· Shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required under the contract and TO.
· Prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
· Maintain a level of productivity comparable with that of other individuals performing similar services.
· Participate in peer review and performance improvement activities.
· Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and disposal of infectious wastes, and the use of universal precautions to prevent the spread of infection.
· Function with an awareness and application of safety procedures.
· Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events. Anticipate potential problems/emergencies and make appropriate interventions. Notify supervisor, director, or other designated person regarding problems that the HCW is unable to manage.
· Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
· Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and reporting.
· Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant others' rights, as identified within the MTF.
· Maintain an awareness of responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
· Participate in continuing education to meet own professional growth.
· Attend and/or comply with all annual training classes required by the Command, to include but not limited to online annual training provided by the MTF: disaster training, infection control, Sexual Harassment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire and Safety, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and all other required training.
· Actively participate in the command’s Performance Improvement Program. Participate in meetings to review and evaluate the care provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems exist.
· Participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Provide training and/or direction as applicable to supporting government employees (e.g., hospital corpsmen, students, etc.).
· Attend and participate in various meetings as directed.
· Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient care.
· Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, MHS Genesis and Clinical Information System (CIS), participate in clinical staff Performance Improvement (PI) and Risk Management (RM) functions, as prescribed by the Commander. Maintain DOD email account as directed. The HCW shall be responsive to all email and voicemail communications.
· Exercise appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the direction and coordination of health care team members, patient care, and clinic activities.
· Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with clinic directives and prepare such records and reports as may be required. All records and reports must be legible. Abbreviations must be only those listed in local instructions.
· Services shall be provided Monday through Friday, between the hours of 0600 and 1830 hours. Shifts will normally be scheduled for an 8.5 to 11-hour period, to include an uncompensated 30 to 60 minute lunch break, respectively.
Team Placement Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours)
Pay: $144,747.20 per year