The Project: The project is one of the largest outsourced medical facilities in support of the Department of Defense located on Kwajalein and Roi-Namur. Intl SOS is the medical subcontractor under DynCorp International. The scenic chains of Islands are a strategic defense location equidistant from Hawaii, Australia and the Philippines. On Kwajalein, Intl SOS operates a 10 bed, Critical Access Hospital plus a dental clinic, a veterinary clinic, and is responsible for food service safety. Kwajalein is a 6.5 square mile Island where bikes are the primary mode of transportation. While there is no cell service, data apps work well when using Wi-Fi. Kwajalein is a close knit community of 1500 military personnel, army civilians, contractors and family members.
This role will be responsible for providing dental care that includes examinations, diagnosis and treatment planning, operative dentistry, endodontics, periodontics, oral surgery and pediatric dentistry. Dental Services may also include writing prescription of medications, providing dental prophylaxis, scaling and root planning, dental sealants, oral hygiene instructions to include caries etiology and nutritional counselling.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and treat problems with teeth and tissues in the mouth, along with giving advice and administering care to help prevent future problems.
- Provide instruction on diet, brushing, flossing, the use of fluorides, and other aspects of dental care.
- Remove tooth decay, fill cavities, examine x-rays, straighten teeth, perform extractions, and repair fractured teeth.
- Perform limited corrective surgery on gums and supporting bones to treat gum diseases.
- Administer anaesthetics and write prescriptions for antibiotics and other medications.
- Provide dental and community outreach programs, including school visits, community health fairs, and wellness programs.
- Propose metrics that incorporate dental health with nutritional health and physical and spiritual well-being.
- Minimum of five (5) years of general dentistry experience
- Current and unrestricted license or authorizing document from any US State, District of Columbia or US Territory to provide healthcare within scope of practice.
- Degree in Doctor of Medical in Dentistry or Doctor of Dental Surgery.
- Board certification.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- May require bending, stooping and lifting up to 15 lbs.
Other Special Qualifications:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to effectively communicate
- This position is Unaccompanied for short term coverage.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident Card is required.
- US DOD CNACI or the ability to obtain one is required.
- Must be able to relocate to the United States Army Garrison - Kwajalein Atoll.
- A valid passport is required and must be in your possession prior to relocation. You must maintain a current passport during your stay on Kwajalein Atoll.
International SOS Government Medical Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This job description outlines the types of responsibilities the incumbent is required to perform.
The incumbent may be required to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description. This job description is subject to regular review.