The primary responsibilities of the Dentist include the following:
- Provides medical services at the scope and level of a Dentist to preserve the health of employees and client personnel.
- Provide instruction on diet, brushing, flossing, the use of fluorides, and other aspects of dental care.
- Remove tooth decay, fill cavities, examine x-rays, straighten teeth, perform extractions, and repair fractured teeth.
- Perform limited corrective surgery on gums and supporting bones to treat gum diseases.
- Administer anesthetics and write prescriptions for antibiotics and other medications.
- Some settings may require stabilization of patient and coordination of evacuation of patient to medevac center or CONUS
- All Health Care Providers (HCPs) will document care delivered and follow up care required.
- Maintain the highest regard for patient dignity and observe the precepts of the American Hospital Associations Bill of Rights for patients.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Records and maintains patient information in accordance with standard protocols, and the Privacy Act.
- Protects patients' privacy through confidentiality, infection control procedures, assuring consistent medication administration, and assuring proper storage and maintenance procedures for all equipment and supplies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree from an accredited Dental School.
- Hold and maintain an active and unrestricted Dental License free from any pending adverse actions and the ability to be favorability credentialed by Caliburn policy.
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience as Dentist.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
- Must be able to perform duties in a stressful and high paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes and flexibility in work requirements to include potential shift changes based on operational needs and/or command priorities.
- Must have a current U.S. passport.
- Sign an International Assignment Agreement.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government Clearance.