Together, we are working towards a world without AIDS. And we’re committed to being a respectful, caring partner serving everyone affected by HIV through our comprehensive, integrated prevention, care and treatment programs.
Director of Dental Services- Milwaukee, WI
Check out our Youtube channel to learn more about Vivent Health! https://youtu.be/5bu5M6m-GhI
The Director of Dental Services is the highest-ranking dental provider and is responsible for the development and operations of Vivent Health’s dental services. This position includes the direct provision of dental care to Vivent Health patients, oversight of dental care staff, and the development of dental collaborations to extend dental care for people with HIV/AIDS. The Dental Director ensures the delivery of high-quality dental care and treatment consistent with professional standards of care and ensures excellent customer services are provided to patients.
The Dental Director reports directly to the Vice President of Health Care Services and is a prominent leader of the Vivent Health Medical Center. The Dental Director is responsible for the service delivery, quality and integration of dental services into the Vivent Health Medical Center.
Scope of Responsibilities
Vivent Health is one of the nation’s largest providers of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching $150 million and employing over 450 professionals.
The unique, nationally recognized Vivent Health HIV Medical home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, dental, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. Vivent Health also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest risk for HIV infection.
Vivent Health currently operates in multiple states nationwide. It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance quality outcomes, achieve and surpass financial performance expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional states.
- Provide direct dental care and treatment for Vivent Health patients with HIV disease including diagnostic, preventive, operative, prosthetic and surgical procedures.
- Assure Vivent Health Dental Clinic operates consistent with best practice standards for the delivery and quality of care including provider productivity, patient satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Supervise Vivent Health dental staff in the delivery of high-quality dental services and excellence in patient relations.
- Provide leadership and develop collaborations with community institutions such as colleges and universities. Build supportive professional relationships with HIV/AIDS dental providers.
- Implement, Vivent Health’s Ryan White Title II dental care grant, SPNS Oral Health Initiative Grant, United Way grants and/or any other pertinent dental grants.
- Collaborate with other Vivent Health departments and build an integrated system of care and support for Vivent Health patients.
- Prepare and manage the dental budget. Ensure reimbursement revenue is maximized.
- Provide dental education, training and in-services when appropriate to staff, students, dentists, and others
- Serve as a leading dental spokesperson on HIV dental care and treatment.
- Assure completion of grant work plans, Continuous Quality Improvement Program and management reports.
- Comply with Vivent Health’s Health Care Corporate Compliance Standards of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited dental school with DSS or DMD Degree with a License to practice dentistry from the State.
- Experience in providing dental care to HIV/AIDS patients.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the practice of dentistry.
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS issues.
- A commitment of high-quality patient relations in all aspects of the delivery of dental care and operations of a dental clinic.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- A commitment to teamwork to build comprehensive systems of care and support for people with HIV/AIDS