Now is the time to join League City Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
The primary role of the Oral Surgery Dental Assistant is to support the success of the clinicians through effective delivery of the Perfect Patient Experience. Oral Surgery Dental Assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. Oral Surgery Dental Assistants prepare patients for oral examination and assist other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth, and gums. Oral Surgery Dental Assistants must work effectively with co-workers including General Practice Dental Assistants, patients, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions, and addressing others by name, actions, words and deeds. Must support the policies and goals of PDSÔ, and thus participate in the growth and future of the company.
- Actively participate in the Perfect Patient ExperienceÔ by striving to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual needs and concerns
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment; clean each operatory in accordance with the state applicable infection control guidelines
- At the direction of the dentist, complete radiographs and intra-oral pictures of patients in an efficient and timely manner
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed to provide efficient patient care
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care as directed by the dentist
- Record patient charting and all of the dentist's notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the dentist
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices)
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration
- Certifications/licenses/registrations as mandated by applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, radiograph exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc)
- Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Child care assistance
- Paid time to volunteer in your local community
- Shift premium pay for eligible roles who work weekends
Pacific Dental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are united in our mission to create healthier and happier team members.