We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Orthodontic Assistant at Comfort Dental! This assistant must be willing to travel to a few practices in the area.
- Provide superior chair-side clinical support to Orthodontist by charting, patient education, operatory set-up and clean-up
- Manage patient flow by responding to changes, prioritizing the next Operatory room for the Orthodontist and update Orthodontist on patient’s status.
- Fabricate and fit orthodontic appliances and materials for patients, including but not limited to retainers, wires, or bands as prescribed by the orthodontist.
- Take appropriate and accurate impressions when prescribed by the Orthodontist for diagnostic purposes. Pour said impressions in dental stone at a satisfactory and competent level.
- Welcomes and greets patients in the reception area and provides a personal introduction
- Takes and processes X-Rays
- Performs friendly patient hand-offs
- Enters and updates patient treatment plans at the direction of the Orthodontist using the company operational system.
- Escorts the patient to check-out.
- Completes sterilization processes for equipment and Operatory
- Monitors all laboratory cases and ensure they are ready for the next day’s schedule
- Dental Assisting Certification from an accredited school
- 2+ years experience in Orthodontic Assisting
- High school diploma or equivalent
- X-Ray certification, or the ability to acquire in a timely manner
- Coronal Polishing and Nitrous Oxide certification preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong patient focus
- Ability to partner with team and contribute to welcoming environment for patients
An Equal Opportunity Employer