We are currently seeking a Director of Hygiene to join our team in Brentwood, TN!
The Director of Hygiene will ensure the standard of care and performance is met for preventative hygiene, re-care and periodontal therapy performed by hygienists. This is accomplished through relationships, onboarding, performance audits and education with doctors and hygienists. The Director of Hygiene will be accountable for promoting standards of care for hygiene across all practices.
Candidates for this position must live in the Nashville, TN or Southeastern U.S. areas and must be willing to travel to various locations.
- Work with the Chief Professional Officer (CPO) and PCs to establish “Standards of Care” for hygiene
- Continuously evaluate the Standards and push to introduce technologies and techniques that enhance the hygiene experience for patients and hygienists
- Evaluate and visit all offices regularly building relationships with doctors and hygienists
- Provide reporting on performance metrics to determine where to allocate resources that will improve performance and quality of care
- Make recommendations to management on performance goals for hygiene
- In collaboration with operations and human resources, ensure the hygiene compensation model continues to be correlated appropriately to clinical performance and patient care
- Lead the hygienist team. Attain company goals including perio-to-prophy ratios, perio-maintenance metrics, take-home and adjunctive aid objectives, strong patient reviews as well as financial goals
- Educate hygienists on standards of care and new treatment techniques to raise the standard of care and improve the lives of patients
- Establish a CE calendar for the year and promote participation among hygienists and Doctors
- Participate in the hygienist hiring process, onboarding, training and hygienist terminations
- Dental hygiene degree with 7-10 years clinical experience and a minimum of 3 years in a leadership position
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze and properly respond to clinical and performance metrics
- Experience developing coaching and performance plans for hygienists as well as office teams
- Ability to work as a team and be an effective team leader, building relationships through strong communication skills
- Demonstrated currency on hygiene trends, with industry technology and with “Evidence-Based Dentistry”
Equal Opportunity Employer