We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Orthodontic Assistant to join our Perelmuter & Goldberg Orthodontics team in Louisville, KY!
Perelmuter & Goldberg Orthodontics has a state-of-the art facility in Dupont (St. Matthews) with an experienced, supportive and very effective team empowered by the doctors. We are looking for an individual with a caring, outgoing personality who is self motivated. Experience is preferred but we are willing to train the right person.
- Provide superior chair-side clinical support to Orthodontist by charting, patient education, operatory set-up and clean-up
- Manage patient flow by responding to changes, prioritizing the next Operatory room for the Orthodontist and update Orthodontist on patient’s status.
- Fabricate and fit orthodontic appliances and materials for patients, including but not limited to retainers, wires, bands, or Invisalign as prescribed by the orthodontist.
- Records taking consisting of photos, digital X-Rays, and intraoral scanner
- Welcomes and greets patients in the reception area and performs friendly patient hand-offs
- Enters and updates patient treatment plans at the direction of the Orthodontist using the company operational system.
- Completes sterilization processes for equipment and Operatory
- Monitors all laboratory cases and ensure they are ready for the next day’s schedule
- Serves as back-up for Lab Technician by printing 3D models with Juel 3D printer and fabrication of thermoformed retainers with Biostar equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Dental Assisting Certification from an accredited school
- X-Ray certification, or the ability to acquire in a timely manner
- Coronal Polishing and Nitrous Oxide certifications preferred
- Experience in Orthodontic Assisting is preferred, but not required
- Detail-oriented with strong patient focus
- Ability to partner with team and contribute to welcoming environment for patients
Equal Opportunity Employer