COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA
invites applications for:
Dentist - Statewide
SALARY: $122,406.00 - $166,358.00
Annually JOB TYPE: Civil Service Permanent Full-Time
DEPARTMENT: Department of Corrections
OPENING DATE: 11/01/21
CLOSING DATE: 11/30/21 11:59 PM
CONTACT NAME: Martha Wilson
CONTACT PHONE: (717) 214-7436
CONTACT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maximize your individual and professional potential as a Dentist with the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. We render basic dental services, in a compassionate and professional manner to our inmate population. We offer an excellent compensation package, including competitive income, generous paid time off, health insurance, and an excellent retirement package.
As a Dentist for Department of Corrections, you will enjoy clinical autonomy and a balanced lifestyle. We operate on Monday through Friday during normal business hours. There is no evening, weekend, or on call duties. You will enjoy working with experienced auxiliary staff and will have excellent managerial support. Many of our facilities are in or near some of the most beautiful areas of Pennsylvania. Experienced dentists and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
As a Dentist for the Department of Corrections, you will be responsible for supervising the work of the dental staff daily. You will be responsible for all aspects of the clinical services provided to the inmate population by DOC dental clinic staff.
As a Dentist you will be providing basic dental care to the inmate population and performing all dental treatment, assisting specialists in the performance of all treatment and related duties while onsite, and ensuring that adequate security, tool control, and Toxic and Caustic Control are carried out within the dental office. You will be responsible for consulting with and referring inmate patients to physicians, oral surgeons, and other health care professionals.
If you have the required experience and are looking to begin an exciting career, the Department of Corrections wants to hear from you!
Work Hours and Additional Information: Full-time employment (37.5-hour work week).
- This position is eligible for full retirement benefits at age 50 or 55.
- This position is subject to the promotion provisions of a collective bargaining agreement or memorandum.
- Pease Note: Selected candidates who are new to employment within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will begin employment at the starting annual salary of $122,406 (before taxes).
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Please check your email, including spam folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY:
If you are selected for hire and you are not a current Commonwealth employee, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start of your employment. You are fully vaccinated two weeks after your second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines) or two weeks after receiving a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). If you are not fully vaccinated prior to the start of your employment, or you have not received an accommodation exempting you from the Commonwealth’s vaccination policy based on a medical or religious reason, your job offer will be rescinded.
If you are selected for hire and you are a current Commonwealth employee, this position requires you to be either fully vaccinated prior to starting in this position OR undergo weekly testing for COVID-19. Unless you have received an accommodation exempting you from the Commonwealth’s vaccination policy based on a medical or religious reason, if you are not fully vaccinated prior to starting in this position and you refuse to undergo weekly COVID-19 testing, your job offer will be rescinded.
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements – Graduation from an approved school of dentistry.
- Necessary Special Requirement – Possession of a license to practice dentistry issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry.
- PA residency currently waived for this title.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education and/or certification in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts and/or certification for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports.
- You must pass a background investigation.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or: you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.