Dothan Smiles, Trevor Parker DMD, is looking for an experienced dental assistant to join the team! Dothan Smiles is an award-winning office with cutting edge technology and a family feel environment. It's a fast-paced office flow and the dental assistant will gain exposure to doing various dental office procedures.
This is an exciting, fast paced practice with competitive hourly compensation, and attractive monthly performance bonus program. Qualified candidates MUST have at least 2+ years of experience working with Cerec CAD/CAM technology.
The Dental Assistant will be responsible for general administrative work and maintenance, as well as completing lab work under the direction of the dentist. The Dental Assistant’s primary responsibility is to prepare the examination rooms for appointments by sterilizing instruments and ensuring all necessary equipment is ready for the dentist. They also assist the dentist during procedures by handing them instruments and anticipating their needs throughout the appointment.
Comprehensive Benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation Plan
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 401k program
- On the job training
- Responsible for greeting patients as they arrive.
- Scheduling the patients next appointment before they leave the clinic.
- Completing intake paperwork and updating patient records.
- Sterilizing and organizing dental tools and assisting during dental procedures.
- Update and maintain client’s dental records/detailed procedure notes.
- Assist the dentist with complex dental procedures.
- Takes and processes X-rays of patients.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a dental assistant within general cosmetic dentistry, root canals, implants, orthodontics, dentures/removables and crowns.
- 2+ years of experience with Cerec CAD/CAM equipment
- Able to assist with crown prep, Cerec scanning and manipulation, milling and seating crowns using Cerec best practices.
- Customer service skills to ensure patients feel comfortable during their appointment as well as well-informed about treatment and dental wellness.
- Have a knowledge of dental software such as Eaglesoft
- Organizational skills to keep workplace clean to ensure patients, dentists, and other assistants are safe and healthy while working.
- Knowledge of dental instruments
- Understanding of current inventory, ordering and working with Cerec technicians to properly articulate software issues and troubleshooting to resolve any technical issues of the machine.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a positive attitude towards patients and staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer