The Arora Group is currently recruiting a Dentist to work in Fayetteville, North Carolina, to provide dental care to our military heroes, their family members, and retirees at Fort Bragg. The Dentist is a full-time position, 40 hrs./wk., Mon - Fri between the hours of 6:00 am to 6:00 pm (excluding federal holidays). The exact hours of duty will be coordinated between the employee and the government.
DUTIES OF THE DENTIST:
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats diseases, abnormalities, injuries, and dysfunctional disorders of the oral cavity and its associated structures.
- Provider in the Specialty of Dentistry. The type of work may include, but is not limited to, the following: Dental practice, management of patients, and dental prescriptions will be accomplished in accordance with applicable AFMS clinical practice guidelines and JCAHO/HSI standards and instructions set forth in facility where privileges are awarded.
- Examines patients and interprets radiographs and diagnostic tests to determine type and extent of dental diseases and disabilities or dysfunctions. Evaluates findings and prescribes type, extent, and order of treatment. Refers non-dental problems to appropriate medical specialty.
- Restores health and function of carious, fractured, otherwise defective teeth. Performs routine preventive, periodontal, oral surgery, endodontic, and prosthodontic treatment.
- Provides consultation services. Performs comprehensive dental functions. Performs complex dental treatment procedures in the absence of specialist.
- May serve as preceptor for general dentistry residency programs.
- Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: quality improvement meetings, professional staff meetings, commander's staff meetings, mental health flight meetings, and other meetings required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the mental health flight Commander or his/her designated representative.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
- Maintains accurate and current notes in the Dental Health records, inpatient medical records and electronic medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
- Participates in military specific training (e.g., training to perform security clearances, use of the Air Force Guide to Managing Suicidal Behavior, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress) and others as directed by the mental health flight Commander or AF policy.
- Participates in team efforts to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise clinical pathway programs needed in the clinic. Duties may include supervision of providers who are in training or not fully licensed.
- Contact referred patients to assess treatment adherence. Use validated symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity. Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solve solutions to barriers.
- Provide patients with education regarding their dental health condition and treatment regimen. Maintain patient information in a patient registry. Maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE DENTIST:
- Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS).
- Graduate from an accredited dental school approved by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Board eligible or board certified.
- Shall have been employed for at least one (1) year on a full-time basis in the practice of dentistry or be a recent (1-year) graduate of an accredited, post-graduate dentistry training program.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Dentist.
- Current BLS
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OF THE DENTIST:
- Competitive pay.
- 22 days off per year.
- 10 holidays.
- Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers the cost of health insurance, LTD and STD, and life insurance.
- Dental and vision plans offered plus 401k.
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability