We seek an Associate General Dentist to join Gamble Family Dentistry just outside Dothan, not far from the Southeast Health main campus. Our dental practice is devoted to restoring and enhancing the natural beauty of a patient's smile by using conservative, state-of-the-art procedures that will result in beautiful, long-lasting smiles! With an abundance of patients, we are looking for someone who shares our love of dentistry and patient care.
GROWING DEMAND: Three of the Region's largest employers are based nearby (Southeast Health, Farley Nuclear, and Georgia-Pacific), so patient demand continues to grow.
ENGAGING PROCEDURE MIX: Enough Oral Surgery, Endodontic and Orthodontic patients are referred out on a daily basis that an expanded-scope dentist could remain quite busy.
SEASONED, WELL-DEVELOPED STAFF: The staff is a well-oiled, collaborative, team that has enjoyed personal and professional growth as our office has grown and thrived.
Job Summary -
Examine, diagnose, and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums. Treat diseases of the pulp, and other dental tissues affecting oral hygiene and retention of teeth.
Tasks and Responsibilities -
- Administer anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases.
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, or intraoral camera, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments.
- Formulate plan of treatment for patient's teeth and mouth tissue.
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, or malformations of teeth, gums, or related oral structures and provide preventive or corrective services
- Advise or instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, or oral health care services.
- Design, make, or fit prosthodontic appliances, such as crowns, bridges, or dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for dental laboratory technicians.
- Write prescriptions for antibiotics or other medications.
- Proactive in leading and supporting the Marquee Dental Culture by maintaining a positive, friendly, and supportive disposition.
In addition to customary degrees and licensure within the State of Alabama, the ideal candidate possess the following character traits and behaviors.
Work Styles -
- Integrity - Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner.
- Dependability - Job requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Cooperation - Job requires working or acting together as a member of a team for a common purpose or benefit.
- Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Poise - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in difficult situations.
We strive for a safe work environment.