Job NUMBER: 6163
About the GROUP:
- We are a network of 28 community and migrant health centers. Annually, we serve over 135,000 patients through well over 500,000 visits throughout a nine county region in New York State.
About the POSITION
- FT Dentist to join team in Monticello, NY
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries and malformation of teeth and gums and all other duties as assigned
- Perform duties in compliance with systems and job specifics standards
Essential Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Makes visual examination of the patients' teeth and surrounding oral structures, utilizing X-rays, mouth mirror, explorers, instruments, and other diagnostic procedures; enters findings on a dental chart and in patient's medical record; decides upon and carries to completion most feasible plan of treatment.
- Provide preventive dentistry counseling, evaluation of nutritional status and oral hygiene habits of patients.
- Locates and repairs cavities in teeth.
- Extracts impacted, infected, or otherwise diseased or troublesome teeth or performs root canal work.
- Advise patients about dental health practices. Has the assistance of a dental hygienist, a dental assistant or a dental laboratory technician in doing work.
- Consults with heads of other patient care services in planning dental treatment to be used, for coordinating patient problems
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelors Degree
- Preferred Education Requirement: Masters Degree
- Minimum Licensure/Certification/ Registration Requirement:
- D.D.S or D.M.D. from an approved dental school
- Must have a New York State License
- CPR/ BLS Certification
- Preferred Licensure/Certification/Registration: Specialty board certification
- Specialized Skills & Knowledge: Ability to communicate in English (orally and written)
About the COMP & BENEFITS
- Compensation is $130K with an incentive after one year
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- FSA, Commuter Benefits Plan (CBP)
- Life - long and short term