Pediatric Dental Division Chief
Wilmington, DE, United States
Nemours Children's Health is seeking a full-time Pediatric Dentist to serve as the Division Chief of Dentistry at Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware. This exciting position offers the opportunity to lead a hospital-based pediatric dental medicine program, that includes a residency in pediatric dentistry. We seek a leader who will provide vision and focus to build upon a strong team and advance the mission and values of Nemours’ Children’s Health: Excel, Respect, Serve, Honor, and Learn. Qualified candidates must be board-certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry and be eligible to obtain a dental license in the State of Delaware. Academic appointment is available through Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University based on established academic guidelines.
- Responsible for establishing a vision that encompasses the strategic plan and mission of Nemours Children’s Health. Provides leadership focused on creating institutions and services that restore and improve the health of children through care and programs not readily available, with a high standard of quality and distinction.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning, budgeting, department staffing and supervision, faculty development and mentorship, and overall management of the division’s activity. The Division Chief reports to the Chair of the Department of Surgery.
- Oversees and participates in faculty activity that includes mentorship to dental and medical residents, clinical innovation, research innovation, quality improvement, outreach, and advocacy.
- Establishes and guides the hospital's pediatric dentistry faculty practice, including outpatient and inpatient care, general anesthesia care, moderate/mild sedation care, and emergency department care.
- Identifies and obtains resources and workflows to optimize clinical services.
- Maintains board certification through the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Provides clinical and didactic instruction to postgraduate medical and dental residents.
- Complies with Nemours policies and procedures, including Electronic Medical Record documentation, coding and billing, annual training activities, and Nemours Standards of Behavior.
- Understands supports and engages in Continuous Improvement activities. Works collaboratively with Nemours Quality Improvement and Risk Management staff to support Quality Improvement and monitor performance of clinical initiatives.
- Handles conflict constructively and appropriately, with support from Human Resources Partners.
- Compassionately and accurately communicates information to patients, guardians, and coworkers.
For confidential consideration, please forward your formal CV to:
Fernando Moncada, CPRP
Nemours offers a competitive salary and extensive benefits package that includes bonus and quality-based incentives, relocation allowance, life insurance, comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, CME and board maintenance allowances, 403 B retirement plan with employer matching. An additional 457B retirement savings plan, educational allowance, paid licensure and malpractice insurance, professional Membership dues allowance, and much more. Nemours is a not-for-profit; employed dentist qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
If you're looking for a pediatric hospital dental opportunity where you can teach, practice the best dental care in the industry, work with colleagues that have the same passion for excellence in evidence-based care, and enjoy a work-life balance, this is the opportunity for you.
As one of the nation's premier pediatric health care systems, we've made a promise to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. It's a promise that extends beyond our nationally recognized clinical treatment to an entire integrated spectrum of research, advocacy, education, and prevention.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to, leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive environment. All Nemours Associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.
To learn more about Nemours and our commitment to treat every child as if they were our own, visit us at www.nemours.org.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Nemours, our physicians work together — across specialties, clinics, and hospitals — to give children care that's among the safest, most caring, and compassionate. This unique collaboration has earned Nemours a place among the most respected pediatric health care systems in the nation.
As part of a pediatric health system with both clinical and academic partnerships, we are 100% focused on ensuring a healthier future for children. We strive for excellent outcomes across all of our medical and surgical specialties - and we measure these outcomes in order to provide consistent, top-rated care.
Nemours physicians are committed to family-centered care and to making families true partners in every aspect of a child's treatment and care.