This job has expired

Division of Clinical General Dentistry Faculty - Group Practice Leader

Employer
University of California San Francisco
Location
San Francisco, California
Salary
Salary not disclosed
Closing date
Apr 20, 2022

View more

Position
Faculty
Contract Type
Permanent
Job Type
Full Time
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

The School of Dentistry at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), invites applications for the role of Group Practice Leader. This is a full-time faculty teaching position in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series (at the ranks of Assistant or Associate Professor) in the Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences (PRDS), reporting to the Division Chair of Clinical General Dentistry. The Group Practice Leaders work closely with the Executive Director of Clinical Education and the Associate Dean for Education and Student Affairs. The incumbent will dedicate 80% of their effort to the Group Practice Leader role with the remaining 20% dedicated to additional teaching and/or faculty practice. This position combines leadership in education, clinical dental practice, operations, and administration, and will play a crucial role in turning the School of Dentistry’s learners into competent, independent clinicians.

Responsibilities include:

Clinical Education

• Provide direct clinical instruction to student dentists within the Group Practice model

• Serve as a mentor and professional resource to students during their clinical training

• Provide didactic teaching on relevant topics in small group settings

• Provide written and verbal assessments to student dentists related to their clinical performance and the progression of their clinical skills and behaviors relative to established performance benchmarks

• Work with Course Directors and educational leadership to assist in the global assessment of student competence

• Assist in the creation and execution of formal guidance plans and other remediation efforts for students who experience delayed acquisition of clinical skills

• Be involved in continuous quality improvement of the clinical training program, and in development of new curriculum and educational programs as needed

• Lead calibration efforts for clinical faculty within the Group Practice and work with other Group Practice Leaders to ensure calibration across groups

Clinical Operations

• Lead the processes of new patient intake and patient distribution with the Group Practice Model to achieve team-based comprehensive care and the desired outcomes of the clinical training program

• Monitor and meet productivity standards as the primary attending faculty for the patients of the group

• Evaluate the performance of the Group Practice against specific fiscal and operational metrics

• Work with students, staff and other faculty to optimize the patient experience and maximize clinical educational experiences, in a manner that is data-driven

Qualifications and Skills:

• The individual selected must have a U.S. DDS/DMD or an equivalent degree

• Must have current or be eligible for California dental licensure

• Proficiency in electronic health record use

• Proficiency with data management and analysis using various learning management software programs

Preferred Qualifications and Experience:

• At least three years of clinical dental experience is preferred

• Previous predoctoral teaching experience is preferred

• Prior high-level teaching experience, including educational administrative experience such as serving as a Course Director, Clinical Coach, Group Practice Leader or in an equivalent position

• Expertise in teaching, assessment of student learning, or program evaluation

• Experience with quality assurance processes and practice management

• Willingness to participate in UCSF professional development programs specific to education

Academic rank and salary level will be based on the successful applicant’s experience.

Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2767741 by submitting a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, statement of teaching, statement of contributions to diversity, and the names and contact information of three references. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission. Candidate must meet all of the requirements at the time of appointment. The position is open until filled.

You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert