Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference? Our teams strive to provide the best care possible for patients. We are committed to helping our communities be healthier, feel better, and smile with confidence.
We have a great opportunity to join us as a Practice Manager and lead the team in providing care for patients. With multiple practices in the area, career opportunities are endless.
Not only will you find it rewarding to help patients be healthier, but you will also enjoy being part of an organization that gives back to the community with an industry-leading comprehensive benefits package. Benefits for full-time positions include:
- Health and Wellness: Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Health Reimbursement Account, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Financial Wellness: Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, 401k match, Employee Purchasing Discounts
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, a variety of supplemental insurance options such as Pet Insurance
- Manage practice business operations to exceed goals including scheduling, revenue optimization, expense control, and P&L responsibility including a 1 to 2 month forecast
- Partner with the Dentist(s) to lead the team by developing a collaborative, positive environment to support each member’s success and development
- Work closely with other departments to ensure proper support for practice operation
- Provide a superior service to achieve an exceptional patient experience demonstrating responsiveness and sensitivity to patient needs
- Complete all administrative tasks accurately and timely
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or healthcare discipline preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years management experience to include P&L oversight. Dental, medical, healthcare, or retail management experience is preferred
- Knowledge of dental insurance and explanation of benefits preferred
- Excellent time management and analytical skills with the ability to quickly resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills with both the team and patients
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and working with a dental software such as Dentrix, Eagle Soft, or Dental Vision
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Ability to meet OSHA, CDC, ADA and HIPAA standards.
An equal opportunity employer and an advocate for diversity and inclusion