Dental Medicine - Additional Information
Valley Health Partners Community Health Center is a new nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the health & wellness of the Lehigh Valley vulnerable community members and recognized as an FQHC-LA. The health center consists of well-established community-based practices that were previously under the umbrella of Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) and partners closely with the local school district (Allentown School District) to provide healthcare services to the vulnerable children of our community.
The district is the 3rd largest urban school district in the commonwealth and has identified Dental has a high need. LVHNs Miles of Smiles mobile unit will be transitioning to VHP to service the children of Allentown School District. This full time or part time Dentist will provide dental services to the children of the district via the dental mobile unit alongside a dental hygienist and a group of community-based care team members. The unit will be parked at two of the districts large Elementary Schools (Sheridan and Hays Elementary).
- A Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike (FQHC-LA) does not turn patients away based on their ability to pay and removes financial barriers for receiving care. FQHC-LAs provide whole-person care, creating opportunities for the health center to go beyond the traditional four walls of medicine to address barriers that often are the root cause of poor health.
- VHP is a nonprofit organization to provide participation in Personal Service Loan Forgiveness.
- Practices core values of Respect, Compassion, Excellence, and Connectedness
- 100% outpatient office setting working Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
- Partnering with the people of our community to achieve health and wellness through the delivery of extraordinary care that is compassionate, accessible, and affordable in a family-centered and culturally sensitive environment.
One of the largest cities in Pennsylvania, Allentown is a charming community filled with events and activities perfect for families and individuals alike. With endless opportunities to enjoy the outdoors and convenient access to an array of big-city attractions nearby, it’s an ideal place to call home.
- A lower cost of living than the national average
- Extensive parks system with beautiful surrounding scenery
- Myriad cultural attractions, museums, and historic sites
- Theatre district with several acclaimed restaurants
- 11 nearby institutes of higher education
- Proximity to Philadelphia and New York City
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Recruiter: Kyle Rickert, Kyle_A.Rickert@lvhn.org, 484-375-7307