Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Site Dentist and the School-Based Program Director, and in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Dental Assistant will assist the Dental Practitioners in rendering patient care during clinic visits by performing routine technical and clerical tasks.
- Ensures that all patients, visitors, guests and co-workers receive personalized prompt attention and are treated with dignity, respect and utmost confidentiality.
- Provides chair side assistance to the clinician. This will include charting, suctioning, passing and receiving instruments, mixing of materials, taking X-rays, and processing results in the system and other related dental assisting duties.
- Maintains the dental operatory, equipment and instruments according to mandated infection control and sterilization protocols.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments. Maintains preventive recall system.
- Works cooperatively with other program staff to facilitate access and treatment of School and Agency on-site children such as Head Start, After School, Camp, etc.
- Completes all appropriate sections of the patients records and collects and maintain patient data as assigned.
- Maintains an inventory of dental supplies and submits procurement requests in accordance to established ordering procedures.
- Participates in both site and department staff meetings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate (GED) required.
- Graduate of accredited Dental Assistant Program or minimum one-year experience as a dental assistant.
- Works effectively and enthusiastically with children, adolescents, families and persons from a wide range of cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Children’s Aid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. Qualified candidates from underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
Please apply online through Children’s Aid website – Job ID: 005093