WEST TENNESSEE REGIONAL DENTAL DIRECTOR
Are you ready to leave the private sector and the related worries with working in or owning your own private practice? Are you interested in public health and being a leader for innovative methods of care such as teledentistry?
Hiring location: Jackson, Tennessee
The Regional Dental Director serves as the dental administrative lead for the region. This position provides oversight for the School-Based Dental Preventive Program (SBDPP), the dental clinical staff, assists with the nurse’s fluoride varnish program, and serves as the dental subject matter expert for the region. They are also responsible for the onboarding and training of new staff members, as well as monitoring existing staff members. The Regional Dental Director typically performs administrative duties 3 to 4 days per week and clinical services 1 to 2 days per week. Travel is required within the region throughout the year, with 4 to 5 state meetings per year. This is a permanent, full-time state position with the Tennessee Department of Health.
• Administer and manage the Clinical Dental Program to maintain delivery of quality dental services in accordance with Tennessee Department of Health Standards of Practice and Tennessee Dental Practice Act.
• Manage the School-Based Dental Prevention Program
• Provide comprehensive dental services to rural and Federally Qualified Health Center populations, including children and adults.
• Provide leadership and support to all dental programs, ensure compliance of standardized training, evaluate staff, and ensure productivity meets established guidelines.
Graduation from an accredited school of dentistry
Current license to practice dentistry in the State of Tennessee
Minimum of 3 years of clinical dental experience
The State of Tennessee offers great benefits including:
• Convenient Working Hours, Monday through Friday, 37.5 Hours per Week
• No Weekend or After-Hours Call Duty
• 11 Holidays Off with Pay
• Affordable Insurance Premiums for Health, Dental, and Vision
• Annual and Sick Leave
• Retirement, 401K, 457K Plan Options
• More at: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
Potential Signing Bonus
To apply: Candidates should send their resume to email@example.com
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.