Now is the time to join Rayford Modern Dentistry. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!Overview
Keywords: Anesthetic, Doctor, Sedation, Surgery
Pacific Dental Services® (PDS) partners with individual owner dentists across the U.S., providing them with business support services so they can stay focused on their passion: dentistry. PDS and its supported owner dentists offer career opportunities nationwide. Established in 1994, PDS has been ranked in Inc.’s 500|5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for eight years in a row, and continues to grow. PDS is founded on a core set of values that guides our daily lives, distinguishes the strength and character of our organization and directs our critical decisions. At PDS and in our supported offices, we aim to be the very best at everything we do. Fortunately, that helps us attract the very best team members – and we hope you’ll be one of them.
A qualified Anesthesiologist practitioner involved in the administration of anesthesia related services as delineated by the Operations Manager.
· Evaluates the patient pre-operatively by interviewing and examining the patient; assesses data and selects appropriate anesthetic.
· Works in collaboration with other physicians and medical professionals to deliver anesthesia for medical and surgical procedures.
· Cares for patient before, during and after a medical procedure or surgery by performing a patient assessment, prepares the patient for anesthesia, administers and maintains anesthesia to ensure proper sedation and pain management, oversees patient recovery from anesthesia and cares for the patient’s immediate post-operative needs.
· Administers anesthetics in accordance with clinical privileges; performs medical non-surgical procedures, i.e., IV insertion, intubation, induction of anesthesia, emergence of general anesthesia; placement of arterial and central venous access lines, administers various types of anesthetic blocks, maintains hemodynamic and electrolyte balance, administers epidurals and secures airways in routine and acute medical situations.
· Prepares drugs, maintains accounting of controlled substances; maintains and evaluates anesthesia equipment to ensure safe operating conditions.
· Works in all areas of anesthesiology: Prepares patients; takes a medical history; explains procedures; administers anesthetics; monitors the patient during surgery and keeps a record of the course of anesthesia, within the scope of the anesthesiologist’s credentials/privileges. Responds to critical situations arising during treatment and works with a healthcare team to ensure patient safety.
· Other duties may assigned by management.
· M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine.
· Hold current unrestricted physician and surgeon license in the State of Texas.
· Hold current DEA license and Controlled Substance in the State of Texas.
· ACLS Certified.
· CPR Certified.
· Must have completed Anesthesiology residency program.
· +2 years of related working experience in dental industry.
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
Pacific Dental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are united in our mission to create healthier and happier team members.