The West Virginia University School of Dentistry is currently seeking applications for a full time, 12-month appointment, tenure-track or clinical-track faculty position at the Assistant/Associate Professor level. This position will be part of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and will be responsible for the didactic and clinical instruction at the predoctoral and postdoctoral levels, patient care, and scholarly activity.
As an Assistant/Associate Professor of Oral Surgery in the School of Dentistry, your job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Serving as a course director and supervising students enrolled in the undergraduate DDS program and graduate program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Participating in clinical activities including intramural private practice and expansion of the research initiatives in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Continuing to grow the already active clinical services at the School of Dentistry and WVU Hospitals.
- Maintaining a proven record of clinical excellence, strong communication skills, team building and a willingness to foster faculty and staff development through continuing education.
The Department sponsors an advanced education training program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a one-year internship.
The Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health are part of the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center Campus located in the historic community of Morgantown, West Virginia. Located only 80 miles south of Pittsburgh, Morgantown is easily accessible to major metropolitan areas in the East and Midwest. It has been named one of the best small cities in the U.S.
Additional information on the West Virginia University School of Dentistry and Health Sciences Center can be found at:
https://www.hsc.wvu.edu/sod or https://www.hsc.wvu.edu/
- DDS or DMD degree from an accredited US or Canadian Dental School or a foreign equivalent.
- Eligibility for a West Virginia dental license. Information regarding licensure in WV can be obtained at http://www.wvdentalboard.org/
- Prior academic and/or private practice experience is desirable.
- Specialty board eligibility or certification is required.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Due to the nature of this position the successful candidate may be required to verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Electronic submission of application with supporting credentials (letter of interest addressing the requirements above, current curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references including names, postal addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers, and permission to contact these references) should be made by applying directly online at:
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.