Now is the time to join a fast growing organization. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
This Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APN) position examines and treats patients independently and in autonomous collaboration with other health care professionals. Ensures proper illness and injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Provides primary medical care to clinic patients under direction of a physician as allowed under the Nurse Practice Act.
- Obtain health histories and perform comprehensive physical examinations, including psychosocial, functional, developmental assessment and preventative health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of a physician.
- Provide patient/family counseling and education.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic testing to identify and assess patients' clinical problems and health care needs.
- Evaluate patient's response to plan of care and modify as needed.
- Records physical findings and formulates plan of care.
- Discusses cases with physician and other health care professionals.
- Arrange for physician and patient referrals/consultations.
- Assists the Supervising Physician in assuring Clinical Competence.
- Master's Degree in Nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in good standing in the State of Nevada.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification.
- Minimum 3-5 years of clinical experience.
- PhD in Nursing or related field.
- National certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Current experience with utilization management services (preferred).
- Working knowledge and experience with managed care programs.
- Experience with Case Management fundamentals.
- Experience in delivering crisis intervention services.
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services?? is the key to our success. In turn, we'll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths???and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
Pacific Dental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are united in our mission to create healthier and happier team members.