The University of California, San Francisco, School of Dentistry, Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences, is seeking a part-time or full-time faculty member in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series (at the ranks of Assistant or Associate Professor) to support its teaching programs in endodontics and to see patients in Faculty Practice. The appointment will be in the Department’s Division of Endodontics.
Primary duties will include pre-doctoral, pre-clinical and clinical instructions, including lectures and seminar activities covering all areas of endodontics including diagnosis, treatment planning and endodontic procedures. Position also includes opportunities for faculty practice.
• US DDS/DMD degree or equivalent degree.
• Must have a current or be eligible for California dental licensure.
• Must have completed a U.S. postgraduate endodontic program that allows them to achieve certification by the American Board of Endodontists.
• At least 2 years of experience as a licensed practicing endodontic provider.
• Significant understanding of higher education.
• Strong emotional intelligence and relationship orientation; ability to partner, influence others, and create a highly collaborative culture which enables effective communication and knowledge sharing, but also ownership and accountability for results.
• Demonstrated experience developing and evaluating programs and efforts.
• Ability to handle highly sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality is critical.
• Experience with the continuum of dental education.
• Previous predoctoral and/or postgraduate endodontic teaching experience is preferred.
Further enquiries may be directed to Victor Jimenez at Victor.Jimenez@ucsf.edu.
Academic rank and salary level will be based on the successful applicant’s experience. Applications received by the initial review date will receive consideration, but the position will remain open until filled. Due to the large number of applications, only potential candidates selected for an interview will receive return correspondence.
Please apply online at: https://apptrkr.com/3226978 with cover letter, CV, statement of teaching, statement of contributions to diversity, and the contact information for three references. Applicant materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission. The selected candidate must meet all of the qualifications at the time of appointment.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.