Now is the time to join San Jacinto Smiles Dentistry. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
As a Pediatric Dental Assistant, we recognize the difference your interactions with young patients make in their experience. We know how important you are to patients, your colleagues, and the business — that's why dental assistants receive ongoing technical training, encouragement to grow and succeed, and the kind of balanced lifestyle that leaves you feeling ready to greet each new opportunity with a smile. You'll receive competitive compensation and benefits, including, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and child care assistance. Plus, once you meet the team and see the level of care they provide to the kids they serve, you'll wonder why you didn't find us sooner!
- Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state's Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties
- Attend to the patient and parents individual concerns and expectations
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment; clean each operatory in accordance with the state applicable infection control guidelines
- Prepare patients for treatment and assist the dentist - complete radiographs and intra-oral pictures of patients in an efficient and timely manner, record patient charting and all of the dentist's notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the dentist
- Take and understand basic pediatric vital signs
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care as directed by the dentist
- Ensure equipment is maintained according to manufacturer's guidelines
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices)
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration
- Certifications/licenses/registrations as mandated by applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, radiograph exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc)
- Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Child care assistance
- Paid time to volunteer in your local community
- Shift premium pay for eligible roles who work weekends
Pacific Dental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are united in our mission to create healthier and happier team members.