Registered Dental Hygienist
Which of the following sounds like you?
• You got involved in dentistry in order to care for patients, but your office is so fast-paced and you are so overworked that you can’t give them the care you feel they deserve.
• Are you considering or have you left an office because of bad dentistry or because you weren’t given the tools needed to improve your patients’ health?
• Are you tired of asking for what you need to adequately do your job and not being heard?
• Have you recently completed your training and certification for becoming Registered Dental Hygienist and are looking to join a patient and team member-focused practice that provides exceptional dental care, using state of the art technology, in a warm, friendly, and pampering environment?
Why choose Facial Beauty Dental?
• Caring: Unlike many dental practices, we give you the time to care for your patients to ensure their wants and needs.
• High-Tech: We’re high tech but not for technology’s sake—we are focused on making a difference in patients’ lives and providing improved care. With this focus, we provide better dentistry, in fewer visits. 3D X-ray imaging is one example of specialized technology systems and equipment for patient evaluation and care. These 3D digital scans mean you also will not have to take or pour impressions.
• Growth: As a growing, independent solo practice, you have an opportunity to grow in your skills, experience, and role as the practice grows.
• Development: You will be learning from and working alongside a premier practitioner. Dr. Smith’s extensive training and investment in continuing education and procedures in every dental specialty—far exceeding a typical dentist, gives him a distinction that only 1% of the dentists have earned
About the Mission:
This is not just a job, this is about becoming a part of the mission that transforms individuals’ lives. This is an opportunity where you can see the impact on the people we care for every day. Dr. Gordon Smith became a dentist because he wanted to be in a profession where he cared for people and improved their lives while using his unique engineering and artistic talents. Excellent patient care is driven by a careful blending of dentistry, engineering, and artistry.
About the Job:
Title: Registered Dental Hygienist
Class: Hourly, full-time
Manages Others: No
Summary of Benefits:
• Office is only open Monday through Thursday (every weekend, is a long weekend off).
• Paid vacations
• Paid holidays
• 3% match on IRA
• Free dental care for employees and immediate family
• Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible before their examination
• Sterilize dental instruments properly
• Conduct initial mouth screenings and check oral health history
• Identify conditions like gingivitis, caries or periodontitis
• Clean and help protect patients’ teeth (e.g. remove plaque or apply fluoride)
• Educate patients of all ages on proper teeth care (by demonstrating, for example, good brushing techniques)
• Give instructions to patients after operations or other dental procedures
• Take X-rays, digital scans, and photos
• Assist dentists with selecting appropriate treatments for various diseases (including oral cancer)
• Maintain documentation and charts on each patient
• Loving and caring individual that loves people
• Puts both their head and heart into their work and patient care
• Has strong communication skills and uses emotional intelligence to work through challenges and issues
• Keeps a positive attitude (even in the midst of a pandemic) and is willing to do what it takes to make it work
• Is passionate about helping the business grow
• Practices high standards of care, including a working knowledge of overall dentistry and dental hygiene procedures, dental patient screening
• Self-starter with creative problem-solving experience
• Organized and detail oriented – Multi-tasker
• Excellent communicator – Enjoys engaging individuals on a personal level & building relationships
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Able to gain support of co-workers in order to accomplish tasks that involve multiple positions
• Adaptable: Flexibility in tasks & schedule: Able to juggle multiple dynamic workflows at a given time
• Organized: Plan & stay ahead of deadlines – Ability to manage time & resources
• Ownership: Embraces challenges, recognizes opportunities, and desires to evolve: Eager to grow & develop
• Required: Registered Dental Hygienist certification
• Required: People person—enjoys spending time with and helping people
• Required: Excellent written & spoken English – Excellent grammar.
• Preferred: Hygienist Experience preferred but not required
• Preferred: Our office uses Open Dental Software and Sidexis digital radiography.
This position is full-time based in our Wixom office. Office hours: M-W 9am – 6pm. Thursday 7am- 2pm. Some evenings/weekends/holidays may be required during periods of operational anomaly. College Degree Preferred. Submit resume and cover letter as well as any supporting materials to email@example.com. Must qualify to be legally employed in the US without sponsorship.