Work for a company that is truly making the world a happier place, one smile at a time! At Benevis, we create over a million smiles a year in the communities we serve and believe that every person deserves access to quality, affordable dental care. This mission drives everything we do. With over 3000 employees in offices across the country from clinical to support staff - we are united in our mission to create happy, healthy smiles through providing high quality dental care in a fun, compassionate environment. Are you ready to join us in creating our next million smiles? We have JUST the opportunity for you.
We are actively seeking a Dental Assistant-Oral Surgery to join our growing team! As a Dental Assistant-Oral Surgery
(DA) you are an integral part of care team in providing support to the office and assisting the professional dental staff with treatment. Support our mission to providing excellent dental care in the community and help us create more smiles and memorable experiences. Join a team that believes in teamwork and truly cares about their patients.
Find your opportunity to make an impact:
- Get out into your community -- participate in local events including school screenings, presentations and any opportunity to promote a positive image of us
- Participate in morning huddles (hey, even ask to run one!), let your peers know how much you appreciate them, highlight great examples of customer focus, collaboration etc.
- Love working with kids (they make up 70% or more of our patient base)
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Guide parents of minors and patients through our processes before treatment
- Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction and provide postoperative instructions
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment
- Take x-rays and save to patient charts (dependent on location)
- Responsible for the operational readiness of the hygiene bay and operatory rooms
- Prepare tray set-ups for dental procedures
- Mix amalgam, cement, pulp paste and prepare impression materials
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments, equipment, chairs and rooms
- Assist professional dental staff with treatment:
- Document patient information, treatment plans, and procedures in patient chart
- Assist with suctioning, holding retractors and suture cutting during surgical procedures
- Pour, trim and polish impression casts
- Fabricate custom impression trays
- Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
- Graduation from a senior high school or GED equivalent required
- Previous Experience in the Dental Field/Oral Surgery
- Travel to multiple locations-Colonial Heights, Southside Plaza, Mechanicsville and Fredericksburg
- X-ray certification preferred according to State and individual practices
- Certified dental assistant credentials preferred according to State and individual practices
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus (location dependent)
- Competitive compensation
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays and much more!
We value teamwork, mutual respect and cooperation. We do not practice unlawful discrimination, including harassment or tolerate it in our workplace. What do we mean by discrimination? We mean that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.