Overview: Orthodontic Assistant - Allington Dental Lubbock, TX
Work for a company that is truly making the world a happier place, one smile at a time! At Benevis, we create over a million smiles a year in the communities we serve and believe that every person deserves access to quality, affordable dental care. This mission drives everything we do. With over 3000 employees in offices across the country from clinical to support staff - we are united in our mission to create happy, healthy smiles through providing high quality dental care in a fun, compassionate environment. Are you ready to join us in creating our next million smiles? We have JUST the opportunity for you.Office Location:
2903 50th St.
Lubbock , Texas 79413
We are actively seeking an Orthodontic Assistant
to join our team. Support our mission to providing excellent dental care in the community and help us create more smiles and memorable experiences. Join a team that believes in teamwork and truly cares about their patients.
Find your opportunity to make an impact:
- Get out into your community -- participate in local events including school screenings, presentations and any opportunity to promote a positive image of us
- Participate in morning huddles (hey, even ask to run one!), let your peers know how much you appreciate them, highlight great examples of customer focus, collaboration etc.
- Love working with kids (they make up 70% or more of our patient base)
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Guide parents and patients through our processes before treatment
- Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction and provide postoperative instruction
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment
- Take x-rays and save to patient charts
- Take quality orthodontic facial photos Responsible for the operational readiness
- Prepare tray set-ups for dental procedures
- Mix amalgam, cement, pulp paste and prepare impression materials
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
- Clean chairs and rooms
- Assist professional dental staff with treatment
- Document patient information, treatment plans, and procedures in patient chart
- Pour, trim and polish impression casts
- Fabricate custom impression trays
- Orthodontic or Dental Assistant Certification (State dependent)
- Preferred at least 1 year of experience in Orthodontic Assisting
- Willing to travel in territory assigned to team
- High focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Must love working with children
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Dependable, reliable to be at work when scheduled
- Attention to detail
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays and much more!
We value teamwork, mutual respect and cooperation. We do not practice unlawful discrimination, including harassment or tolerate it in our workplace. What do we mean by discrimination? We mean that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.