Position is based in Central Oregon. Travel required. Covers Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook counties regularly - occasionally Lake, Grant and Harney counties.JOB SUMMARY:
Supports Regional Community Expanded Practice Dental Hygienist (RCEPDH) with a variety of field service hygiene work. Provides administrative data entry support for Regional Community Expanded Practice Dental Hygienist and assists in assembly and breakdown of mobile hygiene materials.PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare patient for treatment.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments.
- Set up instrument trays.
- Select and hand instruments to hygienist during dental procedures.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patient.
- Suction patient's mouth.
- Assist RCEPDH with sealants, fluoride and other preventive care.
- Help maintain inventory of preventative materials.
- Assemble toothbrush kits.
- Conduct weekly spore test to ensure proper instrument sterilization.
- Data enter outreach requests into company notification and alert system.
- Organize administrative paperwork and related data including positive returned consents, treatment information, dental database data entry (ADIN) and any other documentation required to record patient care.
- Instruct patients on oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Post dental procedures performed.
- Attend office training and meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and work ethic.
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and capable of supporting a team to achieve successful results.
- Maintains confidentiality discretion.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives.
- Willing to grow and be challenged.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- On the job training or Certification in Dental Assisting as required by state.
- Current CPR or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic Windows software applications.
- Proficiency in typing and data entry.
- Prior experience in a dental clinic environment, dental assisting, public health outreach or combination is preferred.
- Continually (75% or more): Sitting; keyboard operation; use of clear and audible speaking voice; ability to hear normal speech level in person and over telephone.
- Frequently (50%): Standing and walking; grasping/squeezing; lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 1-25 pounds.
- Occasionally (25%): Bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching overhead; lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 25-50 pounds.
- Rarely (10%): Climbing stairs, climbing ladder/step-stool (varies by area); crawling; operation of a motor vehicle
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors, and or loud noises.
- Moderate Physical activity; requires handling average-weight objects up to 15-20 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than 4 hours per day. Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training.
- Work Environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Travel is a regular duty of this position, and will be required between 30%-65% to the time depending on region and community outreach activities.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with DentaQuest's Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ's Compliance Officer. **
DentaQuest's Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.