Now is the time to join Culebra Smiles and Orthodontics. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
As a Periodontal Dental Assistant we recognize your efforts and care about your career development. We know how important you are to patients, your colleagues, and the business — that's why dental assistants receive ongoing technical training, encouragement to grow and succeed, and the kind of balanced lifestyle that leaves you feeling ready to greet each new opportunity with a smile. Add on competitive compensation and benefits, including, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, child care assistance and the fact that PDS® is one of the fastest growing companies in the US, and you'll wonder why you didn't find us sooner!
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices)
- Communicate with the front and back office teams to ensure the specialist's schedule runs smoothly and efficiently
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment; clean each operatory in accordance with the state applicable infection control guidelines
- Prepare patients for treatment, and assist the dentist- thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment
- At the direction of the dentist, complete radiographs and intra-oral pictures of patients in an efficient and timely manner
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed to provide efficient patient care
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care as directed by the dentist
- Record patient charting and all of the dentist's notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the dentist
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration
- Preferred: Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certifications/licenses/registrations as mandated by applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, radiograph exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Child care assistance
- Paid time to volunteer in your local community
- Shift premium pay for eligible roles who work weekends
Pacific Dental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are united in our mission to create healthier and happier team members.