Salud Para La Gente (SALUD) provides high quality, comprehensive and cost-effective healthcare to underserved low-income communities in the Monterey Bay area, including Santa Cruz County and North Monterey County. We began in Watsonville 1978 as a storefront “free clinic,” and with the ever growing need for health services, in 1992 became a federally qualified community health center (FQHC). Today we are a primary health care network with 6 clinic sites and over 450 employees and continue to provide high quality services to patients of all ages.
We are seeking a dynamic, organized and detail-oriented Staff Dentist to provide basic dental services for clinic patients, including but not limited to: diagnosis, treatment planning, routine restorative care, periodontal treatment, oral surgery, endodontic treatment, prosthetics and pediatric dentistry. Emphasizes the importance of education and prevention to patients and staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create reports as required by Salud Para La Gente, county, state and federal contracts.
- Manage the daily activities of all dental staff. Examine, provide diagnosis, and plan treatment for patients. Perform prophylaxis, scaling, subgingival curettage, root planning, and oral hygiene instruction. Perform endodontic therapy. Perform restorative dentistry. Perform oral surgery with special consideration given to patient's general health. Provide immediate treatment of dental emergencies. Provide local anesthesia. Prescribe medications as necessary. Submit evaluations of staff in a timely fashion. Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will embrace our mission to provide high quality health care to patients of all ages. This position requires the ability to supervise dental assistants, as well as have a working knowledge of the daily operations of a dental clinic; relate to indigent client population including those individuals who do not speak English.
- Possess a degree from an accredited dental school.
- Have a current, valid license to practice dentistry; issued by the California State Board of Dental Examiners.
- Be up to date on current dental practices and materials.
- Possess certification in Basic-Cardio Life Support within six months of employment.
- Must be available to work Saturday shifts as requested
- Fluent bilingual Spanish/English
- Current CPR certification
- Valid CA Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance; must be able to travel between sites.
- Bicultural candidates preferred
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary Range: $72.17/hour to $90.49/hour.
Competitive Benefit Package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance (zero cost for employee only coverage), Voluntary Long Term Disability, 401(k) with employer contribution, PTO, Holiday Pay and Continuing Education allowance.
Salud is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Salud is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Salud Human Resources Department, [831-728-8250, and HRDept@splg.org].