Under the general guidance of the Chief Operating Officer, the Dental Director is a member of the Center’s Leadership Team who is responsible for providing clinical leadership, fostering superior quality patient care, developing dental strategic goals, policies, and direction for Chicago Family Health Center’s dental program. The Dental Director will participate in strategic planning of dental services operations, ensuring clinical quality standards are met, and work collaboratively with operations to design the operational workflow of dental services.
- Develops the dental care plan for CFHC based on community needs and health behavior of the community.
- Recommends dental objectives and participate in the designation of priority objectives with reference to implementation of the dental care plan.
- Develops the organizational plan for the operation of the dental department and provide for the efficient use of personnel in the application of multiple disciplines.
- Lead and direct the dental programs quality improvement initiatives. Ensure metrics for clinical outcomes are consistently reviewed, and that the organization is provided clear guidance and direction affecting ongoing improvements in the quality of care.
- Provide advice and counsel to all clinical personnel on matters related to clinical care, patient grievances and related issues. Minimize risk and exposures to the organization by monitoring trends, managing issues, coaching staff, and ensuring compliance with all clinical protocols and quality assurance guidelines.
- Participates in planning the delivery of CFHC’s education programs directed at specific target groups as it pertains to dental health.
- Develops and presents the dental budget including staffing support plan and equipment need projection.
- Prepares and recommends qualifications statements, for job descriptions and evaluation standards for all dental staff.
- Recruits dental providers, interview candidates and prepare recommendations for hiring.
- Serves as primary rater for all dental personnel evaluations; recommend and participate in final determination of disciplinary actions and termination.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Must have a D.D.S., Doctor of Dental Surgery or D.M.D., Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from an accredited college of dentistry.
- Illinois license required.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in dental care patient management and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an administrative capacity.
- Experience managing or practicing in a community health or federally qualified health center strongly preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with standards and processes established by JCAHO, CMS, OSHA, CDC, ADA and regulatory entities.
- Knowledge of credentialing process, delineation of clinical privileges and peer review for dental staff.
- Medical, Dental, Vision (Employee/Employer Contribution)
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Plus Supplemental Life Insurance
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Developmental Support
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Loan Repayment
Chicago Family Health Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who is committed to cultivating diversity, equity and inclusion within all aspects of our organizations. We stand against and prohibit discrimination in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.