Full Time Pediatric Dentist - Nonprofit Organization and FQHC-LA
- Valley Health Partners - Dental Medicine
- Allentown, Pennsylvania
- To be discussed further during interview process
- Closing date
- Mar 20, 2023
- General Dentist, Associate Dentist
- Contract Type
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time
Valley Health Partners Community Health Center’s (VHP) mission is partnering with the people of our community to achieve health and wellness through the delivery of extraordinary care that is compassionate, accessible, and affordable in a family-centered and culturally sensitive environment. VHP offers comprehensive primary care, including OBGYN, pediatrics, dental, vision, street medicine, veteran health support, and many other wrap-around services. Created from well-established community-based practices previously under Lehigh Valley Health Network, and now operating as an independent Community Health Center, VHP is community-driven, and recognized in the top 20% for health center quality nationally. Community Health Centers (FQHCs) have existed for over 50 years and were created to remove barriers to care and offer high quality preventative healthcare services to vulnerable rural and urban communities regardless of the ability to pay. Health Centers across the country proudly continue that work today. VHP is proud to be part of this movement, empowering our community to reach their health and wellness goals.
VHP will open its 20,000 square-foot space in mid-2023. As VHP’s largest standalone location, the setting will house an expansion of the VHP Children’s Clinic, offering primary pediatrics care, the VHP Community Smiles Dental Program, providing comprehensive and preventative dental care for children in the community, and the VHP Community Vision Center, offering a full range of Ophthalmology and Optometry services. In addition, there will also be a pediatric acute care center, offering walk-in same day appointments for children.
- A FQHC-LA does not turn patients away based on their ability to pay and removes financial barriers for receiving care. FQHC-LAs provide whole-person care, creating opportunities for the health center to go beyond the traditional four walls of medicine to address barriers that often are the root cause of poor health.
- VHP is a non-profit organization to provide participation in National Health Service Corps and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programs.
- Practices core values of Respect, Compassion, Excellence, and Connectedness
- 100% outpatient office setting working Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM, with a potential for evening rotation.
- Strong focus on pediatric dentistry
- Partnering with the people of our community to achieve health and wellness through the delivery of extraordinary care that is compassionate, accessible, and affordable in a family-centered and culturally sensitive environment.
One of the largest cities in Pennsylvania, Allentown is a charming community filled with events and activities perfect for families and individuals alike. With endless opportunities to enjoy the outdoors and convenient access to an array of big-city attractions nearby, it’s an ideal place to call home.
- A lower cost of living than the national average
- Extensive parks system with beautiful surrounding scenery
- Myriad cultural attractions, museums, and historic sites
- Theatre district with several acclaimed restaurants
- 11 nearby institutes of higher education
- Proximity to Philadelphia and New York City
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert