- Advantage Dental/DentaQuest
- Newport, Oregon
- Salary Not Disclosed
- Closing date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Dental Lab Technician
- Contract Type
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Dental Technician optimizes patient flow to enable the highest standard of care through best practices. The Dental Technician prepares dental instruments to be processed and sterilized. Facilitates the set up of treatment rooms for patient care and the subsequent cleaning and disinfection of dental instruments, equipment and treatment rooms following completion of patient care. May perform routine dental laboratory tasks. In addition, Dental Technicians may also assist in the intake process for escorting patients into the clinical areas and in the initial intake screening process as required. The Dental Technician must be able to adhere to direction and follow through on all assignments. Follows and supports the CARE model for patient experience.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties with excellence and within the scope of practice in accordance with state specific mandates.
- Properly sterilize all dental instruments and equipment in accordance with company policy, manufacturers guidelines, and OSHA, CDC, and ADA standards.
- Operates and maintains steam autoclaves, keeping records of loads completed, items in loads, and maintenance procedures performed on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Perform in-office spore testing, record test results, and maintain a log of the results.
- Organize and assemble routine or specialty surgical instrument trays or other sterilized supplies, filling special requests as needed.
- Report defective equipment to appropriate supervisor.
- Assist the LDA with evaluating and ordering inventory as needed.
- Operate and conduct maintenance of equipment utilized in sterilization processes. Monitor autoclave gauges and sterilization indicators to detect malfunctions and ensure equipment is operating to prescribed standards. Examine sterilization equipment to detect leaks, worn or loose parts, or other indications of disrepair.
- Help with greeting patients, taking temperature check and seating patients.
- Function as support person for chairside Dental Assistants by helping to ensure clinical teams have materials and instruments during patient care.
- Check sterile supplies and products to ensure that inventory is not outdated.
- Restock and maintain an inventory of dental supplies and instruments to ensure a level of consistency.
- Attends additional training as requested or deemed necessary.
- Assist clinical team members in optimizing patient flow and supporting team members with patient care.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and work ethic.
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and capable of supporting a team to achieve successful results.
- Maintains confidentiality discretion.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives.
- Willing to grow and be challenged.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Current CPR or BLS or ability to obtain as a condition of employment (employer paid).
- Ability to work Monday through Friday and occasional weekends as scheduled and based on business need.
- Demonstrates fundamentally sound written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel using personal car to work at other practices as needed.
We are Advantage Dental. When you join us, you’ll become part of a stable, growing company that puts the safety of patients and employees first, and is continuing to provide meaningful care across the country. We're revolutionizing oral health by redefining prevention and care. Together, driven by our mission: To improve the oral health of all, we’re working to achieve a nation free of dental disease. The future at Advantage Dental is exciting - and you’ll be an important part of it.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert