- General Statement
Under general supervision of the Dental Director, this position provides dental hygiene services to clinic patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides preventive dental hygiene services, including routine cleaning, administration of local anesthesia, scaling, root planing, subgingival curettage, charting, sealants, and silver diamine fluoride on patients Provides oral hygiene instruction and nutritional counseling Applies topical fluoride Places pit and fissure sealants Exposes dental radiographs Maintains dental records Assists in organizing and maintaining inventory, dental instruments, equipment and supplies Assists in coordinating patient flow, including patient appointments Maintain patient charts including patient information, current health history and dental charting Performs cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization of equipment and instruments to prescribed standards
- Prepares operatories, equipment and armamentarium for hygiene procedures
- Takes and records vital signs Participates in the Quality Improvement Program (monthly chart reviews) May participate in Organization-wide staff and board meetings Performs other duties as assigned Participates in performance improvement and/or departmental and Organization-wide improvement activities
Required Qualifications – Experience & Education The above knowledge, skills, and abilities are typically acquired through:
- Graduation from an ADA-accredited dental hygiene program Current license with Montana Board of Dentistry as a Registered Dental Hygienist One (1) year of dental hygienist experience preferred. Must be able to obtain local anesthesia endorsement within six (6) months of hire date Must have Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of federal statutes and the Montana Code Annotated
- PureView policies and procedures Clerical practices and procedures HIPAA requirements Business English, composition, spelling and grammar Dental terminology Dental hygiene practices and procedures Dental office procedures, practices and methods Principles and practices of dental health and prevention Infection control measures and practices Use of common office machines Operate personal computers and related software Maintain dental records according to prescribed standards File according to prescribed standards Communicate effectively orally and in writing Follow verbal and written instructions Establish effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, and patients
- Position may require travel to other sites for work assignments, meetings or training.
Physical Demands Duties are generally performed in a clinic setting where hazards and discomforts are controlled and modifiable. This position requires the ability to bend at the waist, stand, kneel, reach over the head, talk, hear, and see. Must be able to move or lift documents and materials weighing up to 30 pounds; occasionally lifts small children. Position requires knowledge and use of typical office equipment including telephone, personal computer, copy/fax machines. Position requires frequent contact with fellow employees, patients and citizens. Position may require occasional visits and/or regular shifts at other sites.
Reporting Line This position reports to the following position: Dental Director
Position has supervisory duties: None
Contact: Venessa Sandoval, HR Recruiter, email@example.com, 406 500-2063