Vice President of Operations
- Smile Brands
- Chicago, Illinois
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 24, 2023
- Dental Team Member
- Contract Type
- Job Type
- Full Time
The ideal candidate will have experience overseeing 30+ dental offices and has the business acumen necessary to make high-level strategic decisions, yet is also detail-oriented and comfortable being highly present in the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively engages with providers to build strong relationships while supporting them and ensuring their success.
- Personally maintains highly productive relationships with the offices.
- Leverages market advertising, marketing and sales to best advantage within district.
- Shares best practices with offices in his/her area and with peers and supervisor.
- Ensures office compliance with established company policies, procedures, and standards and government regulations.
- Communicates with Office and Dental leadership on a regular basis to ensure they have the information and support they need to do their jobs.
- Proactively manages performance including but not limited to coaching, performance appraisal, corrective action when appropriate, and rewards. Ensures a succession plan exists for their area.
- Directly supervises DMOs within the area with the ability to directly manage office managers if needed at times.
- Develops Director of Market Operations capable of building teams that provide best in class patient care.
- Analyzes financial trend data and takes action on areas of opportunity. Balances operations costs accordingly.
- Ensures flawless execution of operational standards and ensures services are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Develops and implements plans to ensure revenue and budget objectives are met, expanded on, and actively follows through on them.
- Achieves revenue targets, annual budgets and strategic business goals for multiple locations across a broad geographical area.
We are at over 650 affiliated dental offices all focused on a single mission; delivering Smiles For Everyone®. Smiles for patients, providers, employees, community partners. Everyone. Our entire culture is designed to promote relationships by treating people with respect and pursuing excellence that makes it easier to provide great care.
At Smile Brands we believe culture matters. We believe that happier teams lead to happier patients, and we’ve got the happiest team in the dental industry. The organization has twice been recognized on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list – in fact, we are the second highest ranked healthcare provider in the U.S.
Smile Brands provides comprehensive business support services through exclusive long term agreements with affiliate dental groups, so dentists can spend more time caring for their patients and less time on the administrative, marketing, and financial aspects of operating a dental practice. The organization was founded in 1998 by a management team that included co-founder and CEO Steve Bilt and CFO Brad Schmidt. Through acquisitions and the opening of new dental offices, Smile Brands has become a dominant player in the dental space with a rapidly growing number of affiliated practices across 30 states. Smile Brands’ primary equity sponsor is Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity investment firm focused on investing in physician-centric healthcare businesses.
- (717) 847-9069
100 Spectrum Center Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert