Insurance Collections Specialist
- Smile Brands
- San Antonio, Texas
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Dental Team Member
- Contract Type
- Job Type
- Full Time
We are seeking a Insurance Collections Specialist to join our Revenue Cycle Management team. Someone who is
detail-oriented with experience in claims appeals and reviewing EOBs. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Calling insurance carriers or any other practical research resources to verify if a claim has been received and what the outcome paid and/or denial reason is
- Contacting and following up with insurance company representatives
- Updating all patient accounts to correct inaccurate information i.e. demographics, eligibility dates, termination dates and contract allowance and/or maximum
- Managing the workflow of assigned accounts and meeting deadlines for filing to obtain maximum reimbursements. Monitoring collections activity for timely payment from all revenue sources
- Understanding and staying informed of changes with procedures, billing guidelines and laws for specific insurance carriers or payers
- Following up on any overdue accounts and researching accounts to determine why the balance remains unpaid
- Auditing insurance claims to identify and provide required attachments and auditing attachments for completeness and suitability
- Working zero paid or partial paid Explanation of Benefit (EOB) and take action to appeal or properly adjudicate claims
- Ensuring claim submissions for secondary coverage is within timely filing limits
- Ensuring responses to claim inquiries and tracing is within timely filing limits
- Conducting full patient account audits to determine appropriate action
- Ensuring all dental billing/collection letters are prepared and mailed according to the set schedule
We are at over 650 affiliated dental offices all focused on a single mission; delivering Smiles For Everyone®. Smiles for patients, providers, employees, community partners. Everyone. Our entire culture is designed to promote relationships by treating people with respect and pursuing excellence that makes it easier to provide great care.
At Smile Brands we believe culture matters. We believe that happier teams lead to happier patients, and we’ve got the happiest team in the dental industry. The organization has twice been recognized on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list – in fact, we are the second highest ranked healthcare provider in the U.S.
Smile Brands provides comprehensive business support services through exclusive long term agreements with affiliate dental groups, so dentists can spend more time caring for their patients and less time on the administrative, marketing, and financial aspects of operating a dental practice. The organization was founded in 1998 by a management team that included co-founder and CEO Steve Bilt and CFO Brad Schmidt. Through acquisitions and the opening of new dental offices, Smile Brands has become a dominant player in the dental space with a rapidly growing number of affiliated practices across 30 states. Smile Brands’ primary equity sponsor is Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity investment firm focused on investing in physician-centric healthcare businesses.
- (717) 847-9069
100 Spectrum Center Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert