Smile Brands is one of the largest dental support organizations (DSO) in the U.S., we provide comprehensive business support services through exclusive long-term agreements with affiliate dental groups. Our dedicated team members are all focused on a single mission of delivering Smiles For Everyone!® Smiles for patients, providers, employees, and community partners. Everyone. At Smile Brands, we believe culture matters.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team. This role will focus on our month end reporting processes and support automation of key reporting. The Analyst is responsible for providing high quality financial and operational analyses, including key metric performance tracking and identification of risks and opportunities. This is accomplished by planning, developing and partnering with key stake holders to achieve results. This position is fast-paced and provides an excellent opportunity to understand and influence the support of our 650+ dental practices across 30 states.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications, eliminating duplications, coordinating information requirements
- Organizes, models, analyzes, and interprets data to influence operational and financial performance.
- Partners regularly with Senior finance leaders in the strategic and financial decision making process to leverage data, analyses and recommendations provided by the
- Obtains, manipulates and analyzes data from a variety of databases
- Prepares reports for Management and Board of Directors
- Performs ad hoc financial/operational analysis
- Maintain and report key business metrics as part of the month end process
- Transforms financial and operational data into concise and accurate reports
- Prepares weekly/monthly analyses, financial and operating reports, and presentation material for senior leadership and outside parties
Budget and Forecast Development/Monitoring
- Partners with leaders and finance team members in budgeting and forecasting efforts across assigned areas
- Tracks performance to budget and works with business partners to ensure understanding and adherence
- Develops a strong understanding of the overall business and associated drivers
- Identifies, designs and implements process improvements within areas of responsibility to increase efficiency
- Maintains knowledge and stays abreast of developments in the field of dentistry and general socio-economic trends
- Performs any and all related duties as assigned by manager