- Jewish Renaissance Foundation
- Edison, New Jersey
- $65-$75 per hour
- Closing date
- Apr 16, 2023
- General Dentist
- Contract Type
- Job Type
- Part Time
Established in 1995, the Jewish Renaissance Foundation (JRF) is a nonprofit organization that currently serves more than 6,000 people in Middlesex County each year. On August 11th 2015, the JRF was awarded a grant to open up a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and provide comprehensive, high quality primary and preventative healthcare services to the uninsured and medically underserved residents of the Township of Edison and neighboring communities. As a result, we have been bestowed the unique position to meet the increasing demand for primary and preventative care to these residents by providing adult & family medicine, gynecology, pediatrics, dentistry and mental health/substance abuse services in an ambulatory care setting.
Under the direction of the Dental Director, the Dentist is responsible for providing a range of direct patient services by delivering comprehensive, quality dental care in an ambulatory care setting. The Dentist provides treatment and preventative services in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations and state dental board standards. The Dentist works with a multi-disciplinary team to provide integrated care for patients, and participates in quality improvement, peer review, and evaluation activities to improve care for patients. The current scheduling needs are Saturday mornings and weekday evenings, not to exceed 20 hours per week.
As an FQHC, providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment at the JRF Community Health Center, unless a religious or medical exemption can be presented and granted by Employer.
- Examines individuals requesting care, diagnosis their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Diagnoses and treats disease, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums, and related oral structures.
- Caps injured teeth and fills cavities.
- Ability to place braces on teeth to straighten or align them, or when warranted able to refer the patients to an Orthodontist.
- Designs and makes dentures to replace missing or diseased teeth.
- Educates individuals in the nature of oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
- Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental electronic record so the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Responsible for personal full compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of dental care.
- Provide in-person patient care weekday evenings and Saturday mornings
- Participates in quality improvement activities, peer reviews, and clinical meetings with the health center team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of New Jersey.
- New Jersey CDS and DEA registrations.
- Current CPR (BLS) certifications. ACLS preferred.
- Ability to present current Certificate of Insurance coverage
- Availability Saturday mornings and weekday evenings.
- Experience in a public health or community clinic setting providing primary care to patients from low-income economic status.
- Interest in establishing themselves in a community health care center setting highly desirable.
- Authoritative knowledge of the principles of practice, principles of general management, specifically in personnel management and techniques in running a dental practice in a community health center.
- Knowledge and ability to use an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Familiarity with the Federal and State rules, regulations, and practices pertaining to a Federally Qualified Health Center preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and patients.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, religious, ethnic and professional backgrounds.
- Adequate vision, sight, speech, and hearing to meet core duties of the position. Ability to reach, stoop, walk, and stand for long periods of time.
- NJ Dental License (Preferred)
- DEA Certification (Preferred)
- CDS License (Preferred)
Apply for General Dentist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert