- Family Care Health Centers
- Saint Louis, Missouri (US)
- Starting at $65,041 a year plus 401K, Medical benefits, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, and more!
- Closing date
- Sep 18, 2023
- Dental Hygienist
- Contract Type
- Job Type
- Full Time
Family Care Health Centers is on the hunt for top talent! We have a Dental Hygienist opening, and we are seeking candidates who are enthusiastic, motivated, hardworking, and flexible. FCHC provides a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect. If you are looking to be a part of something great, we are hiring NOW! COVID vaccine, FLU vaccine, and TB Screening are required for employment at FCHC.
As a member of our Dental Team, the Dental Hygienist is responsible for providing dental prophylaxis to patients and to educate patients about the need for proper oral hygiene care, as well as, to assist the Dentist in the delivery of other oral health services in accordance with Missouri dental Board Dental Practice Act and Rules ~ State of Missouri. Additional responsibilities include:
- Exposes, develops and mounts various x-ray films, as directed.
- Determines appropriate time interval between cleanings based on evaluation of each patient and assists with future scheduling of patients.
- Applies pit and fissure sealants to sound teeth as treatment planned by Dentist.
- Performs initial examination of teeth and tissue for carious lesions, periodontal pockets, and other abnormal conditions. Informs dentist of any problems.
- Maintains CPR Certification, continuing education requirements for/and licensure.
- Monitors procedures such as preliminary review of the patient’s health history, dental charting, oral analysis, and taking and recording blood pressure and other vital signs.
- Removes plaque and calculus from above and below the gumline.
Dental Hygienist Qualifications:
- Graduate from a nationally accredited school of Dental Hygiene required.
- License to practice in the State of Missouri and in good standing required.
- Previous training and/or experience as a Dental Assistant (Certified or expanded duties) desirable.
- One or more years successful work experience as Dental Hygienist preferred.
- Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) or Licensed Dental Hygienist (LDH) is used in the State of Indiana) required.
- Medical Benefits: (Health, Dental, Vision, and Life)
- Flexible spending account
- Paid Time off
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (NEW!)
FCHC Mission Statement
To promote affordable and accessible comprehensive primary care services to anyone, with emphasis on the medically underserved, and to train a primary care workforce to promote the general health of the service area.
As one of the leading community health care providers in St. Louis, Family Care Health Centers is dedicated to providing comprehensive primary health care services to the residents of St. Louis. With two state-of-the-art facilities in the metropolitan area, Family Care also works to improve the overall health of the communities it serves by reducing barriers to health care. Family Care Health Centers provides care at a third site located within Places for People.
Comprehensive health care is provided regardless of one’s health insurance status. Family Care Health Centers accepts private, Medicaid and Medicare insurance plans. To bridge communication gaps with non-English speaking patients, staff provides interpretation services for Hispanic, Bosnian, Vietnamese, and Somali patients and uses outside resources for patients speaking other languages.
Family Care Health Centers offers patients convenience, quality and innovation in primary care. Our Providers use evidence-based medical care to address your physical and mental health needs. We coordinate your care across multiple care settings – visits to sub-specialists, the ER and the hospital. Through our exchange of information, we help you better understand your medical conditions and provide the education and tools you need to take charge of your health. Our Health Centers offer convenient hours of operation including 24-hour access to physician telephone consultation for emergencies – all part of Family Care Health Centers’ commitment to being your “Health Care Partner For Life”.
To provide affordable and accessible comprehensive primary care services to anyone, with emphasis on the medically underserved, and to train a primary care workforce in order to promote the general health of the service area.
Dental services include cleanings, sealants, fillings, extractions, root canals, crowns, partials and full dentures. Staff provide referrals should a specialist be needed to meet a patient’s specific oral health needs. Thorough exams and x-rays are conducted at each initial visit. Please note that we do limited oral surgery and do not provide any orthodontic (braces) treatment.
Apply for Dental Hygienist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert