Northside Dental Company is looking to bring on a full time dental hygienist! Our team is radically passionate about patient care and each patient experience in our office. We look to create a positive, inviting, and well-run office, utilizing the latest technology, products, and knowledge, for an experience that surpasses patients' expectations.
Dental Hygienist Job Responsibilities:
- Promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis, providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies, charting conditions of decay and disease, and performing procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories and charting in patient records.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Uses proper technique to take bitewing, periapical, panoramic and CBCT radiograph images.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient’s oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums, using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession and exposing and developing radiographic studies.
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
- Communicates effectively with the dentist and front desk about chief complaints, treatment needed and next appointments needed.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions and providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, communicating needs to the Ordering Lead.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
Dental Hygienist Qualifications / Skills:
- Dental health maintenance
- Infection control
- Health promotion and education
- Positive bedside manner
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Nomad x-ray experience preferred
- Open Dental software preferred
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Bonus pay
Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- Virginia Dental Hygienist license required
- 1+ years in a dental office preferred