Smile Brands is one of the largest dental support organizations (DSO) in the U.S., we provide comprehensive business support services through exclusive long-term agreements with affiliate dental groups. Founded in 1998, through acquisitions and the opening of new dental offices, Smile Brands has become a dominant player in the dental space with over 700 affiliated practices across 30 states. Our dedicated team members are all focused on a single mission of delivering Smiles For Everyone!® Smiles for patients, providers, employees, and community partners. Everyone. At Smile Brands, we believe culture matters. Our organization has been recognized on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work list three times.
We are seeking a Field Engineer to join our team. A
Field Engineer is responsible for supporting multiple facilities' technology needs while specializing in at least one area of expertise. Installs, configures, tests, and troubleshoots servers, desktops, laptops, printers, routers, and network infrastructure equipment. Solves a variety of IT-related issues while working on multiple projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for troubleshooting all manner of end-user IT problems involving dental practice applications and hardware
- Deployment of computer hardware, including advanced clinical systems and Windows-level applications
- Responsible for IT activities related to processes of user access, incidents, service interruptions, and planned downtimes; also, be responsible for documenting and communicating processes to IT to ensure consistent user experience
- Identify trends of recurring issues and manage problems by working with resources (internal and vendors) to achieve a permanent solution
- Ensure proper notification of ongoing issues to the team and any workaround solutions until a permanent resolution is established
- Manage planned and unplanned downtimes following downtime procedures, document and communicate problems and escalate as needed
- Encourages, maintains, and develops a professional business relationship with internal and external customers by providing prompt, efficient and professional service
- Maintains patient confidentiality, complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and secures all operational data