Dentist - MSHC (South Shore)
Mile Square Health Center is hiring a full time Dentist to join our patient care team in our South Shore clinic.
The Dentist will provide clinical dental care within the scope of license and credentials at Mile Square Health Center (MSHC) clinics in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
Patient Diagnostics and Treatment
- Examine patients to determine nature of condition, utilizing x-rays, dental instruments, and other diagnostic tools/procedures.
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries and malformations of teeth, gums, and related oral structures.
- Clean, fill, extract, and replace teeth, using rotary, hand instruments, dental appliances, medications, and surgical implements.
Preventative Treatment and Patient Education
- Provide preventive dental services to patients, including fluoride applications, and other sealants to teeth.
- Provide continuous education to patients with respect to oral and dental hygiene.
- Record patient-dentist transactions as they occur accurately and completely reflecting the nature of the contact, condition of the patient, and the care or treatment provided.
- Complete referrals, data collections instruments, and other records as required.
- Assist with the design, development, and implementation of appropriate Dental Department policies and protocols in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards.
- Assist with continuing education, on-the-job training, and orientation of community health center staff as requested.
- Perform other related duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Degree from accredited dental school. Current State of Illinois dental license.
- Current DEA license.
- Eligible for University of Illinois College of Dentistry privileges.
- Current Valid American Heart Association BLS/CPR certification
Salary & Benefits:
UI Health offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
For fullest consideration, please submit a complete application and supplemental resume by June 9, 2023
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University's Board of Trustees. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks and other pre-employment assessments on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background Checks will be performed in compliance with state and federal law. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.