Would you love to be part of a dedicated team and help strengthen and brighten the smiles of over 2,100 children? Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a contract Dentists (Pediatric or General) to improve the health and enrich the lives of students ages Pre-K through 12th grade. Each patient is a new opportunity to make a difference and deliver the highest-quality dental care possible to lower-income children. MHS renders dental care out of three school-based dental clinics to over 2,100 students from Pre-K through 12th grade. Each dental clinic typically operates with one dentist, 2 Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioners, and 1 dental assistant or an expanded-functions dental assistant. All clinics are equipped with state-of-the-art technology/equipment, including utilization of Dentrix Enterprise Dental Software, digital x-ray sensors, and intra-oral oral cameras, and specific clinics are equipped with lasers and nitrous oxide/oxygen. The students’ comprehensive dental care includes conducting caries risk assessments; providing routine dental examinations; delivering preventive and restorative treatments; rendering appropriate specialty referrals; ensuring appropriate behavior management in a student-focused environment; and providing professional communications with our students’ parents and guardians.
The contracted dentist will work 5 days per week – Monday – Friday from 8:00 am- 4:00 pm. and may be scheduled to work at all three clinics (Elementary, Middle and High School). Part-time work hours is also considered. Each week could be different! In addition, will be on call for one week, recurring every 3-5 weeks from Monday through Sunday. On-call services at $70 for evenings (after 4p M-F) and $125 per day for on-call weekend dates (Sat & Sun). To be successful in this role, the dentist needs to have experience working with the pediatric dental population, providing comprehensive dental care including, but not limited to examinations, restorations, prosthodontics (crowns, bridges, implants, partials) limited root canal therapy, simple extractions, making appropriate and timely specialty referrals, and rendering emergency care. Certifications/licensure and experience with implant dentistry, nitrous oxide/oxygen and laser surgery are favorable.
Learn more at https://www.mhskids.org/jobs/contract-dentist/
To apply, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org attention to Lucy Mansour – Recruiter. If any questions, call 717-520-2325.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pediatric or general dentistry required.
- D.D.S or D.M.D. degree required.
- Current dental licensure in good standing.
- DEA Registration
- Must present Professional liability coverage.
- Anesthesia license (if applicable for nitrous oxide/oxygen administration)
- Specialized dental certifications (e.g., implant, laser etc.)
- CPR/AED Healthcare Provider training
- Up-to-date continuing education/training requirements
- Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Act 31 - 2 contact hours every 2 years.
- Radiology/DEP – 2 contact hours every 4 years
- Completion of 2 contact hours in Pain Management, Identification of Addiction or the Practice of Prescribing or Dispensing Opioids is desirable.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models for MHS students.