Denver Health Medical Center is recruiting for a Staff Dentist to join our Practice at our brand new outpatient medical center (OMC). Our OMC building is the newest addition the Denver Health main campus and is home to our Federally Qualified Health Center OMC Dental Practice. The successful provider will be joining a team of two other dentists, two registered dental hygienists and a full compliment of assistant and support staff. Core benefits of practicing at Denver Health include 30+ days of paid time off per year, 9.5% immediate retirement matching, student loan repayment opportunities and a full compliment of health/vision/dental/other benefits.
Under minimal supervision, diagnose, prevent, and treat problems with teeth or mouth tissue. Remove decay, fill cavities, examine, x-rays, place protective plastic sealants on children's teeth, straighten teeth, and repair fractured teeth. Perform corrective surgery on gums and supporting bones to treat gum diseases. Extract teeth and make models and measurements for dentures to replace missing teeth. Provide instruction on diet, brushing, flossing, the use of fluorides, and other aspects of dental care. Administer anesthetics and write prescriptions for antibiotics and other medications.
- Performs professional dental care which includes restorative dentistry, exodontia, and visual examination of patient’s oral cavity, analyzing results of x-rays, other diagnostic procedures, removal of decay teeth, extract or restore teeth. Examine teeth, gum and related issues, using dental instruments, x-ray and other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose disease or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments. Diagnose and treat disease, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums and related oral structures, and provide preventative and corrective services. Treat exposure of pulp by pulp capping, removal of pulp chamber, or root canal, using dental instruments, Treats disease of teeth, gum and mouth with appropriate medication. (30%)
- Treatment Plan
Formulate plan of treatment for patient’s teeth and mouth tissues. Prepares charts and determines that most feasible plan for treatment. Maintains charts and treatment plans and completes required reports. (20%)
- Medication Management
Administer anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patient during procedure. Write prescriptions for antibiotics and other medications. (15%)
- Patient Education
Educates patients regarding preventative dentistry and oral hygiene. Advise and instruct patients regarding preventative dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care services. (10%)
- Authorizes the manufacture of dental prosthetics by dental laboratories. (10%)
- Supervises and manages dental staff when appropriate. (10%)
- Refers patients for appropriate health care procedures with dental and medical health professionals. Communicates effectively and ensures loop closure with specialty referrals. (5%)
- Doctorate Degree Required (DDS/DMD)
- 1-3 years experience since completion of training preferred
- DDS-Dentist - JCNDE - Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations Required
- BLS required through American Heart Association or American red cross.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles, standard practices, and techniques of dentistry sufficient to be able to provide dental care and information regarding preventative dentistry and oral hygiene.
- Knowledge of departmental policies, procedures, objectives, safety, and infection control standards sufficient to be able to maintain the expected level of efficiency.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgement, and decision making in solving problems and meeting organizational objectives.
- Skill in diagnosing dental problems and developing treatment plans.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, organizations and the public.
- Skill in maintaining and organizing departmental records, records, reports and files.
- Skill in adapting new information relative to the work assignment through educational seminars, meetings, and staff meetings.
- Performs in a tactful and professional manner.
- Computer skills required.
Interested applicants can submit CV to:
Aaron Ortiz, Manager Provider Recruitment
Denver Health Medical Center