The primary role of the Surgical Assistant is to assist the Oral Surgeons with clinical procedures including assisting with surgery and all pre- and post-op procedures plus contributing to a "white gloves" treatment of our patients.
• Prepare patients for consultations
• Keep patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual needs and concerns
• Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment; clean each operatory in accordance with the state applicable infection control guidelines
• Complete radiographs and CT scans of patients in an efficient and timely manner
• Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed to provide efficient patient care
• Instruct patients on pre/postoperative care as directed by the oral surgeon
• Record patient charting and all the surgeon’s notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the dentist
• Maintain strict compliance with applicable regulations, (e.g. OSHA, HIPAA requirements and best practices)
• Oversee sedation processes, IV supplies, histories, post-op, as needed
• Assist in recording drugs/vitals before and after surgery
• Escort/wheel sedated patients out after surgery
• Assisting the front office staff if/when necessary
• Assist with tracking implant supplies
Requirements of the position:
• RDA certification (preferred)
• Experience in working in dental and/or oral surgery
• Willingness to travel to other offices if/when needed
• Great customer service skills
Essential Job Skills:
• Effective written, verbal and electronic communication
• Ability to gain trust and respect of the doctors, practice managers, teams, and peers
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem-solving expertise
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Computer proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Practices shared accountability with other functional areas of the business
Clinical setting working closely with doctors during surgeries, using the required surgical equipment for various oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures. Some work in an office setting using a computer, telephone system, and standard office equipment; work hours are expected during company operating hours (hours per week vary according to office needs at the time of an opening)
OMS360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
OUR CORE VALUES
• Teamwork: We are one community; partners with a shared vision of success. We are more powerful together than alone.
• Integrity: We communicate honestly, transparently, and authentically. We take responsibility for our actions, building our reputation by doing what is right.
• Growth-Minded: We seek to constantly adapt and improve. We provide pathways for personal and professional fulfillment.
• Excellence: We are a performance-driven organization, with a passion for excellence in service and outcomes. We are committed to being the best version of ourselves each day.
• Respect: We actively listen and seek to understand. We are welcoming to all; treating others with dignity, compassion, and kindness.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Km6X5Jhaejma8t5ARsrreN