- Position: Dentist - Advanced Practice Location: Akron, OH Job Id: 515-29-1029 # of Openings: 1
AxessPointe Community Health Centers provides affordable, high-quality health care to families and individuals in Summit and Portage counties. We offer a full range of services including medical, dental, women’s health, behavioral health and a reduced-rate pharmacy.
WHY WE EXIST AND OUR DIRECTION
Our Mission: To provide a quality, affordable and compassionate health home for – every patient, every time – in all communities.
Our Vision: To be recognized as a leader in the delivery of high quality, integrated family-oriented healthcare and as a model program for community-based primary care.
OUR VALUES AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
Mission First: We believe in always working hard to help each and every patient—to be a place where all are welcomed—to help them and their communities flourish through our efforts together.
Supporting competencies: We live this value through (a) respectful, compassionate service and (b) results orientation.
Operational Excellence: We believe in doing a job well done, always seeking ways to do what we do better, and embracing challenges through an open-minded, informed approach.
Supporting competencies: We live this value through (a) functional knowledge and skill, (b) continual improvement, and (c) decision making and creative problem solving.
Bring Your Best: We believe that we owe it to our patients, to our coworkers, and to ourselves to approach every day as an opportunity to excel together, creating an organization that makes our communities healthier despite the challenges that arise.
Supporting competencies: We live this value through (a) integrity, (b) team mentality, and (c) agility and resilience.
DENTIST- ADVANCED PRACTICE
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing comprehensive preventive and restorative dental services to all ages under the scope of general dentistry with the ability to manage and complete treatment plans. Must be culturally sensitive to diverse populations and practice in a comprehensive health care environment.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Advanced Dental Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides comprehensive dental care to all patients through evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and restoration.
- Performs procedures and treatment including but not limited to: Exams, x-rays, sealants, prophylaxis, scaling, restorations, extractions, dentures, crowns and endodontic within the scope of general dentistry.
- Provides emergency dental services including but not limited to: Consultations, endodontics, extractions, appropriate coordination with medical personnel, specialty referrals and appropriate prescriptions for emergency management.
- Create dental treatment plans while coordinating oral health care during patient consultations.
- Repair decayed and broken teeth through restoration techniques or extraction and restore tendentious areas.
- Document patient care in the EMR, including proper coding and closing of notes for billing purposes.
- Stay up to date with current trends and developments within dentistry.
- Collaborates with medical personnel for integrated patient care.
- Assists with new projects as assigned by the Director of Advanced Dentistry.
- Provides direct patient education to insure proper preventive measures regarding proper oral hygiene techniques, nutrition and accident prevention.
- Responsible for accurate record-keeping involving patient records/history.
- Helps supervise and train procedures performed by the Dental Hygienist and assigned Dental Assistants.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of dentistry.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to dentistry and HHS/HRSA regulations.
- Must be able to lift, carry and handle dental equipment, supplies needed in routine/emergency care, and other worksite materials.
- Competency in dealing with people of various cultures and social status.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Advanced Dentistry
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities above represent the most significant duties of this position but does not exclude other occasional work assignments that would be within the qualification and responsibility levels of the position.
- Graduation from a School of Dentistry approved by the Ohio State Dental Board.
- Previous experience in dental setting preferred.
- Work independently as a team member in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of health professionals.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- License to practice Dentistry in the State of Ohio.
This position requires compliance with API's written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
Failure to comply with API's Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or API's Written Standards or, for managers and supervisors, fails to detect non-compliant conduct where reasonable efforts would have resulted in detection, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with API's Compliance Program Policy and Procedure: Addressing Instances of Non-Compliance through Appropriate Disciplinary Actions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and use hands to finger handle or feel; to talk; or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to frequently lift up to 25 pounds. The employee may occasionally be required to lift 25 to 50 pounds; however, this is not essential; duties may be shifted to accommodate lifting restrictions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less). The employee will occasionally be working near moving mechanical parts, be exposed to outdoor weather conditions and exposed to a risk of electrical shock while running the copier, printer, other standard equipment and answering the telephone. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate. Stress level can be high at times.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
We offer the following benefits to our staff:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 403(b) with a 5% match
- Paid Time Off
- STDI/LTDI/Life Insurance (Company Paid)
- Continuing Education (Dependent Upon Position)
- Chance for Advancement
- Holiday Pay
We are a Drug Free Workplace, this includes no nicotine at or away from work.