Smile Brands is one of the largest dental support organizations (DSO) in the U.S., we provide comprehensive business support services through exclusive long-term agreements with affiliate dental groups. Founded in 1998, through acquisitions and the opening of new dental offices, Smile Brands has become a dominant player in the dental space with over 700 affiliated practices across 30 states. Our dedicated team members are all focused on a single mission of delivering Smiles For Everyone!® Our organization has been recognized on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work list three times. And we are proud to be the second highest ranked healthcare provider in the U.S.
We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team.
This person will work within a team of network engineers responsible for implementing and enforcing network design/configuration standards, network security compliance, access controls, support processes, and data governance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a complex environment including, multi-cloud, on-prem data centers and 600+ sites
- Manage and continuously explore options to performance, scalability, and reliability for all network connectivity and access services: LAN, WAN, wireless, remote access, QoS, WAN optimization, AAA, NAC, firewalls, and performance monitoring
- Collaborate and provide training to the team for maintaining high-quality ITSM network ticketing support
- Manage and improve network security design standards and defense controls for global networks, data centers, and cloud
- Establish, and manage regular compliance audits for security vulnerabilities, network performance, capacity, and policy/configuration standards
- Capacity planning, acquisition, and managing installations, upgrades, and logistics of various networking and security platforms
- Closely engage with key stakeholders from user communities for technical issues, and future enhancements, as well as introduce new technologies/workflows to improve business productivity
- Design, evolve, and document deployment and support processes for new technology, platforms, and solution changes
- Asset inventory and life cycle mgmt. for all networking component
- Champion and drive automation mindset, framework, and create self-service catalogs for repeatable task
- Partner closely with the network and projects team to Identify and evaluate new technologies, solutions, and processes for improved scaling, efficiency, security, and performance
- Partner with infrastructure service owners to establish and evolve services and technology road-maps
- Partner with key vendors to influence future product requirements and enhancements to address business needs
- Work across teams to facilitate high performance and reliability of Engineering compute infrastructure
- Identify patterns, foresee potential recurrence, and preempt with continuous improvement solutions
- Contribute to architecture, planning, implementing, and driving major initiatives related to networks, security, cloud, and data centers
- Establish and drive shared team vision, strategies, and road-maps that align with business priorities
- Establish and publish regular KPI's/metrics useful for measuring performance, SLA, stability, and customer satisfaction
- Manage global network monitoring tools/systems for performance optimization, HA, logging, alerting, and reporting
- Provide regular trending over-time data/metrics for measurable success, performance, efficiency, and scaling for cost mgmt.
- Facilitate, communicate and drive required network upgrades, configuration changes, maintenance, and service improvement plans